Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Display of Account View

srikantan_j
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

In our project, we have created two business roles for ex. Power User and Sales Rep.

While we are trying to open an Account through Opportunity/Activity search result list, we are getting incorrect view of the Account in Power User Role and the Correct View of the Account in Sales Rep Role.

In summary,

- Login and choose Sales Rep Role->Sales -> Opportunity Search->Select Account from result list->Account View (BP_HEAD) - Correct View

- Login and choose Power User Role -> Sales -> Opportunity Search->Select Account from result list->Account View (BPFS_HEAD) - Incorrect View

We would request all you gurus to kindly let us know why this is happening and what should be checked to resolve this issue.

regards

Srikantan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you may not have created view conguration in BSP component for both Roles. You can configure view differently for different roles.

Go to BSP component, select the view.. and under Configuration tab, create configuration for roles you want.

Hope this resolve your issue

-ASB

srikantan_j
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ASB,

Thanks for your reply. But I have already configured the view in the BSP Component for both the roles. Inspite of this I am getting incorrect display of the account view in Power User business role and correct display of the account view in Sales Rep business role when we try to open through the navigation as mentioned previously.

Request you to suggest if anything else is missing and needs to be checked and corrected.

regards

Srikantan

xavier_dehairs2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, did you already tried to use the F2 button in this view when logged on with your 2 different roles, to see what is retrieved by the system ? This would help you understanding the problem.

Regards,

Xavier

srikantan_j
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

Thanks for your reply. Through the use of F2 button only I found out that the system is retrieving incorrect view when we logon in one role and correct view when we login in another.

When we try to open an account through search result list in Opportunities/Activity it is opening:

- BPFS_HEAD Component in Power User Role - Incorrect view.

- BP_HEAD Component in Sales Rep Role - Correct View.

Is there anything else which I could try to resolve this?

Thanks once again,

regards

Srikantan

xavier_dehairs2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry, I didn't read carefully.

Your problem is related to customizing. For your business role, you should check in customizing of navigation bar profile, Define Generic OP Mapping. Please look for the entry with object type BP_ACCOUNT and object action DISPLAY. Ensure that the target id used in your 2 business roles is the same and it will work as you want !

Regards,

Xavier

srikantan_j
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

This is great job man. Thanks for your accurate solution, after I maintained MD-BP-OV value for object type BP_ACCOUNT and object action DISPLAY in the Navigation Bar Profile of Power User role (Incorrect view role) in Define Generic OP Mapping as maintained in the Nav. Bar Profile of Sales Rep Role (Correct View Role), it worked perfectly for me and now I am getting the correct view for account for both the business roles.

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!

regards

Srikantan

Edited by: Srikantan J on Oct 3, 2008 8:09 PM

Answers (0)