cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive closure of "Goods Receipt PO"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to know if it is easily possible to close massively the "Goods Receipt PO" when my customer use Default Valuation Method: Moving Average.

My customer has many unclosed documents and it would be too long to close them one by one.

Since that they are in "Moving Average", we have a problem with closing dates.

We can use Ibolt and Dic.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Séverine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Jesper, Ibolt and Dic are Add-ons.

I know that it is better to close documents as they go along, but my client doesn't want to make all payments in SAP, therefore the documents aren't closed.

It is a little bit complicated but now they want to do payments, and therefore we want to have a clean database.

Thank you for your quick answers!

Séverine

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manually closing GRPO will result in a Journal posting to clear the Allocation Account (Goods Received not Invoiced)

The Goods Clearing Account will get a Credit entry.

Suda

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JesperB1
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Severine,

I am not sure what Ibolt and dic are but indeed like Gordon said, when closing these documents manually Business One makes postings so that accounts are balance the correct way and so that the system follows the logic when it comes to valuation etc.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

iBolt is a Certified SAP B1 Addon and if the feature exists in iBolt it surely passes through the DI which should take care of all of the accounting things which a manual closure would trigger

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Séverine,

By manually close those documents, B1 can trigger a sequence of actions to make all accounts balanced. I don't think any auto means could reproduce the same results.

If they have not done cleanup properly in the history, now it is time to get a lesson.

Thanks,

Gordon

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Probably you should be able to do it using iBolt. But there is not function within SAP to achieve this.

Suda