cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC Error while accessing Application Sets

Former Member
0 Kudos

I followed following steps.

1. When I logged into BPC Administration, the default application set was u201CApShell2u201D. I am not getting u201CApshellu201D. My organization has copied "ApShell2" from "ApShell" so that we cant change anything in "ApShell". I thought of creating a copy of u201CApShell2u201D and working on that.

2. I clicked on Manage Application Sets. I selected "ApShell2" as the application set and clicked on OK. It gave me an error message telling "Error on uncompressing file: Error: ActiveX component can't create object".

3. I proceeded from there and the administration screen opens. However, when I select the application set, I am not getting any application set related tasks in the action pane.

The tasks are available for dimensions, etc. but not for the application set.

Please help me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that your security structure needs to be updated to reflect your ID in a Group that has the correct Administrative TASKS assigned. My advice is, that if this is a development environment and you are part of the BPC ADMIN team, that you create an ALLTASKS Security profile, which assigns all the possible BPC tasks to be available. Then you can assign this TASK profile to 1 or more Teams, realizing that anyone assigned to this team or profile, will have complete access to all BPC functionality. But this method is very helpful in learning what TASKS relate to client actions and messages. SO, if you copy this TASK profile and remove tasks, you will understand the impact each security task setting has on access to the BPC interface.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilanjan,

We need to check the security settings for your user id.

regards,

Lokesh Nandula