Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2LIS_02_SCL recordmode problem on deleted schedule lines to 0BBP_DS1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning,

Here is exactly what is happening.

A PO is created and the user is entering multiple schedule lines. PO is extracted, no problem.

User makes a change and reduces qty of PO, and deletes one of many schedule lines.

These deleted schedule lines come over with RecordMode "R". This is okay when loaded to low level target 0BBP_PO, since it has the ability(key) to hold multiple lines for a single PO line item.

However, we roll this up to ODS 0BBP_DS1. This target contains only one record for a line item. The "R" causes this rollup to delete the line item instead of subtracting and "reducing" the qty and value.

I have played with changing recordmode to 'X' and this doesn't work because for some reason, the PO number is omitted from the New data in the ods so it can't write the record to the ODS since PO number is part of the key. If I change it to an "A", the PO number writes and the record goes in and the reduction happens. The only problem i have is the key figures which are overwrites like Unit Price, come over and are negative in value. I can fix this in an update rule but I'm concerned this blanket change of Record mode is dangerous and incorrect.

I discovered this problem on periodic invoice plans initially. I opened a customer message and was informed that it is working as designed, however I could make the Recordmode change to "X" to solve my problem. This seemed to work for the invoice plans. But now I have discovered the same problem with the use of schedule lines and the X isn't working.

To be specific, the X won't work if there are no gr's or ir's on the po yet. If they exist, then the other two ODS's will load a record for the line item and fix the problem.

Has anyone successfully fixed this issue yet?

The problem is only relevant on delta extraction. Full load or initial load does not see the problem.

Thanks,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srini,

I update some key figures as Addition, and some as overwrite. Addition applies to quantities and values.

Overwrite applies to figures like Unit price.

If I change the recordmode from an R, would it be better to make it an X or just blank?

My confusion is whether to deliver a before or after image. My earlier customer message recommended an X which would be a before image.

The problem i'm running into with this is that PO number is not populating so the record will not roll up to the next target which needs that for the key.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

Can you please provide me the dataflow(with addition or over write details...?).

Are you loading from datasource to ODS in addition or overwrite(i mean key figures only).

You can use either X or Blank. No issues. Only with D or R you will get problems.

But dont do any record mode changes... try to change ROCANCEL before data loading into initial ODS.

Hope it Helps

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srini,

Yes, Recordmode is mapped in my transfer structure to 0STORNO (rocancel).

How can that be unmapped? Are you saying it is not needed?

I load 2LIS_02_HDR, ITM, and SCL to two cubes and three ODS's. The three ODS's roll up to one ODS, 0BBP_DS1. SAP had recommended changing recordmode in the rollup to DS1, by changing R to X. This does not work in all cases.

This ODS configuration is standard business content as far as I can tell. It was installed before my time here, but it is listed in the SRM help areas.

I just can't see a way to not modify recordmode.

Thanks,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srini,

Thanks for your response. I do not want to play with recordmode, I agree with you.

However, I can't clear the values in the record either.

Example:

schedule line 1 qty: 10

scline 2 qty: 10

scline 3 qty: 5

PO qty is 25.

User changes qty to 20, and deletes scline 3.

SCL extractor brings over 3 lines, one for each scline.

If i clear out the values in the 3rd record, i still have an r in the recordmode and when it rolls up to the upper level ODS, it will still delete the line item record.

I can't see a way around not changing the recordmode.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

Are you mapping ROCANCEL with Recordmode..? Do not map. Then you wont get this problem.

Just create values if ROCANCEL is R or X.

Hope it Helps

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keep mapping as it is and clear values and ROCANCEL as well, if it is X or R.

As you are loading data in overwrite, no issues.

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chris,

Do proper testing before playing with record mode.

Same record mode (X or R or D...) behaved differently in addition and in overwrite.

Datasource : 2lis_02_SCL for cube loading. When you are loading to ODS you need to be bit careful.

In you case, if you are loading data into an ODS from datasource, simply clear values, Qty if ROCANCEL mode is D or R. Do not change any record mode.

ROCANCEL u2013 Cancellation of Data Record

This field can contain the following values:

· u2018blanku2018 u2013 New data record

· u2018Xu2019 u2013 Cancellation of data record

· u2018Ru2019 u2013 Deletion of data record

Hope it Helps

Srini