Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

2LIS_02_SCL recordmode problem on deleted schedule lines to 0BBP_DS1

Good Morning,

Here is exactly what is happening.

A PO is created and the user is entering multiple schedule lines. PO is extracted, no problem.

User makes a change and reduces qty of PO, and deletes one of many schedule lines.

These deleted schedule lines come over with RecordMode "R". This is okay when loaded to low level target 0BBP_PO, since it has the ability(key) to hold multiple lines for a single PO line item.

However, we roll this up to ODS 0BBP_DS1. This target contains only one record for a line item. The "R" causes this rollup to delete the line item instead of subtracting and "reducing" the qty and value.

I have played with changing recordmode to 'X' and this doesn't work because for some reason, the PO number is omitted from the New data in the ods so it can't write the record to the ODS since PO number is part of the key. If I change it to an "A", the PO number writes and the record goes in and the reduction happens. The only problem i have is the key figures which are overwrites like Unit Price, come over and are negative in value. I can fix this in an update rule but I'm concerned this blanket change of Record mode is dangerous and incorrect.

I discovered this problem on periodic invoice plans initially. I opened a customer message and was informed that it is working as designed, however I could make the Recordmode change to "X" to solve my problem. This seemed to work for the invoice plans. But now I have discovered the same problem with the use of schedule lines and the X isn't working.

To be specific, the X won't work if there are no gr's or ir's on the po yet. If they exist, then the other two ODS's will load a record for the line item and fix the problem.

Has anyone successfully fixed this issue yet?

The problem is only relevant on delta extraction. Full load or initial load does not see the problem.

Thanks,

Chris

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question