Invalid Keycode message when adding reports in vs2008 solution
I'm having this problem with Crystal Reports Basic for Visual Studio 2008. Whenever I try to add a report to the solution I get the classic "Invalid Keycode" message and even though the report is there, I can't edit it at all. I've seen in other posts that it might have something to do with previous versions of CR I have installed, but I uninstalled the 8.5 and 10 versions I had on my machine, re-installed VS2008 and still get the same message. It seems that the version has not registered since no activation key is associated with CR Basic in the IDE's About section. Any ideas anyone?
David Hilton replied
It looks like you'll need to do a little manual cleaned up to get this to work.
- Remove Crystal Reports Basic by modifying your Visual Studio .NET 2008 install (Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel)
- Next ... go into your registry and completely delete your HKML\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\10.5 key.
- Add Crystal Reports Basic to your system again
If you really want to scrub your system of Crystal Reports Basic make sure you delete these directories after you clean up your registry.
- Crystal Reports directory under C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0
- 2.8 directory from C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common.
Hopefully it works for you this time.