Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOCs - IDOC type ORDERS05 with message type MSGCHG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm in my first IDOC project and I'm facing a problem. I need to change sales orders with EDI messages, so I've decided to use message type ORDCHG and IDOC type ORDERS05. I'm filling segments E1EDK01, E1EDP01 and E1EDP19. In header the action is '003' to indicate I'm going to change items, and in item the action is '002' - change. I'm not changing all items of the order, so I only fill item segments for the item I want to change.

The problem is the F.M. IDOC_INPUT_ORDCHG looks to use batch input technique to update the order and the BDCDATA contents does not look good. And I receive a message saying VBAP-PSTYV is not an input field. I'm not entering the contents of PSTYV in segment E1EDP01.

Does anyone have any idea of what can be the reason for this problem ? For the error, and for the fact of the contents of BDCDATA do not look good.

And any idea of how to solve it.

And does anyone knows if the batch input technique is mandatory, or is there any way to avoid it like forcing the standard to use a BAPI ?

I'll really apreciate any possible help, because i'm without any idea about how to solve problem.

Thanks in advance,

Paulo Sousa

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you go to SE11 and enter VBAP then finf the field PSTYV, double click on the field and see if the !fixed Value. ex" field is ticked, if it is this means that SAP is trying to get a value for this field from a fixed set of values.

You could try using WE19 to mess around with the IDOC in error and process the document as a standard inbound IDOB. See here https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700002529571998E/default4.htm for some field entry examples

Hope this helps,

Conor.

0 Kudos

Hi Conor,

Thanks for the answer.

The field has no fixed value in data dictionary.

But something you said alerts me. You sugest to use WE19, and I'm currently using WE19 to and filling manually the segments to test the inbound. Is the processing diferent than process a IDOC document ?

Thanks,

Paulo Sousa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I solved the problem by not filling the POSEX item of E1EDP10 segment.

Best regards,

Paulo Sousa