cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I export configuratio scenarios in new system just by changing BS name?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I configure my scenario in ID by selecting import from repository using configurator.( PI 7.0 )

Its likely that I do it more often and everytime I have to configure around 50 scenarios seperately.

the IR objects are same each time, and CC names are same either. Only thing is Business system names differ each time.

Can I export ID scenarios to a different server and change Business system names only so that it will be update in all the places ? (RD, ID, SA, RA also)

I know its not possible but still trying to know if there is any way PI has to achieve this

regards,

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if i understood your problem correctly, i think there is no need to give BS everytime when we export the ID objects to other systems,if the BS is configured correclty in SLD to particular SWCV.

XI will take them automatically and it will ask us to configure the CC, because the CC details may vary from system to system.

so check the SLD Configuration it shd solve your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am sorry

I am not clear with your solution.

What do you mean by SLD check?

if I do SLD check, will PI automatically change scenario based on the new BS entered?

I dont think it can happen

correct me if im wrong

Thanks,

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

When you want to transfer the Business systems from one system to another. You need to have source target systems available in sld.

ex

Source system is DEV001 and you changed the name in other system as QAS001. once you have the system setup done

you can create n number of changes whenever you transport the changes to another system - addition of channels, RA change, SA change etc. in DEV001 it will be automatically reflected in QAS001 as you have defined this system as Target image.

thanks

Gaurav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Venkat:

The information is maintained in SLD:

If you go to your Business System, there is "Transport" tab, there you can define Target Business System or Source Business System.

When have those information defined, after the transport, your current business system will automatically change to your target business system name.

Regards !

Liang

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi venkat,

i meant the same as Liang and gaurav.... i thought you will understand...sorry for not giving clear solution...

check your SLD as suggested, if it not configured in such a way then change it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am kinda confused.

Let us assume I have 3 PI boxes, namely PI1, PI2, PI3

PI1 is developement box which has 2 business systems,BS1, BSS1

PI2 is the server i am looking to import objects of PI1, which has BS2, BSS2

PI3 is also server i am looking to import objects of PI1, which has BS3, BSS3

I have 50 secnarios, created in Integration scenarios in IR and configured in ID of PI1.

PI2, PI3 has IR objects of PI1.

now, with your solution i understand its possible to create tpz file of all 50 scenarios in ID and import to PI2 and PI3.

but it will import with BS1 and BSS1 as business systems, but in real BS2 and BSS2 are the business systems in PI2.

If i export and import business systems, it will export the same business system (BS1 and BSS1 ) but i want BS2 and BSS2.

hope I made it clear.

thanks

venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

don't get confused...

just get into your SLD,

go to BS1, in Transport Tab, give the BS2 adn BS3.

go to BSS1, in Transport Tab, give the BSS2 and BSS3..

now do your transports....

XI will automatically changes the BS to target systems bussiness systems, because it is configured in SLD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sounds good, I am doing post installation of so called PI2.

I will update you asap.

thanks for your valuable inputs and suggestions

regards,

venkat.

Answers (0)