cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R3AUBUPA and CSABUPA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have a doubt regarding Middleware Queues.

When enabling middleware between ECC and CRM, we register R3A and CSA queues at SMQR.

I was of the idea that CSA queues are outbound queues from CRM to ERP (say BP delta would have the queue CSABUPA0000%%%%% ) and R3A are inbound queues (ex- R3AD_CUSTOME00000%%%% )

Am I right ???

Recently we have undertaken a Data Migration from Legacy systems to CRM systems.

I found many ERP Outbound queues held up in SMQ1. All these have Queue name R3AUBUPA*.

Does these Queue names have any significance??? Any specific purpose for each type of queue ???

Also, very surprising I found another bulk of CSABUPA inbound queues in our CRM sytem, source of which was also the same CRM system. Since these have no meaning we had to do a tedious and tiresome task of deleting all these Queues.

Any help or pointers in this regard would be of great help

Thanks in advance

Regards

Sushanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushanth,

Yes the names have a specific meaning and their usages depend on the context in which the queues are needed.

You have to consider whether you're Downloading from R/3 to CRM, or Uploading from CRM to R/3. Within those broad categories you have Initial Downloads, Requests, and Delta Downloads while uploads offer Initial and Delta Loads to the R/3 system.

Look in table SMOFQFIND (Queue Finder Table for MW Queues). You'll find the queue naming used by BDOC type, so where partners are concerned look at BUPA_MAIN. You'll see the prefixes and teh details for Mass or Initial Load queues.

The first 3 characters are determined from the adapter being used. So R3A corresponds to the R/3 Adapter.

The 4th character corresponds to the type of load being done. So R3AU has the "U" corresponding to Upload, "I" for instance would be Initial Load.

CSA* is the naming convention for Delta Loads, specifically Uploads that are used by Outbound Message Flow for Replication to CRM client sites (including ERP/R/3 systems) depending on the flow contexts defined for the objects being transferred.

So in a typical Delta Upload flow you have entries created on the CRM Application DB and BDocs created which move to the outbound queue (CSAxxxxxx) at which point the appropriate flow context takes over and checks which sites need to get the upload. Where data is being sent to an R/3 receiver queue to trigger the upload and process records via the object function module you find the R3AUxxxxx queue is used to process the entries.

Hope that helps a bit.

Also you can look at SDIMA for the Data Integrity Manager and check records between CRM and ERP/R/3.

Answers (0)