cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports and Viewer using Parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Crystal Reports 2008 to create a simple purchase order report from our Sap system.

I have created a parameter that is a static date value for people to enter when they launch the report.

When I refresh the data in Crystal Reports 2008 I receive a prompt asking for the date to be entered.

However when I run this saved report in the Crystal Reports viewer it does not prompt for a date to be entered and the Change button is greyed out.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards

Dave Ainsworth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

is the save data with report checked in the report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharon

Thank you for your help, the Save Data with this report option is ticked. The Viewer still only displays the information that was selected in Crystal Reports and I cant use the Change button.

When I have tried the Viewer opening the report with this item not ticked it reports an error saying this report contains no saved data and cannot be viewed.

Cheers

Dave Ainsworth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Click the refresh button on the top of the report either in the gesign view or preview, you will see a pop up window with two radio buttons

one radio button with "Use current parameter value"

other radio button with "Prompt for new parameter vlaues"

select the second radio button and you will see the parameter window there you can enter your parameter values then click OK now you will get data for you selected parameter values.

Hope this helps!

Thank you,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok

Thank you for your help with this issue. Pressing F5 to refresh the data and seeing the parameters box works within Crystal Reports 2008.

However I wish to distribute this report to the users at this organisation and using the Crystal Reports Viewer the F5 refresh is not available. When the report launches in the Viewer it does not prompt for the parameters.

Dave Ainsworth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

In the Crystal Report we have designer and preview; now close the preview page, make sure there is only a design view. Now launch this report to Viewer, once done just click on the report name you will be prompted with the parameters.

Hope this hepls.

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok

Thanks for your assistance, I have tried this approach and when I open the report in the Viewer it reports an error. "No saved data in this report".

I have then ran the same report in an older version of the viewer (In help about it says Pinnacle) and the report asks for the date range to be entered.

The problem seems to be with the Crystal Reports Viewer and not the report.

The Viewer is version 12.2.0.r325

Can you advise?

Cheers

Dave Ainsworth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I too have had this problem, and it seems that Crystal Viewer is just that, a viewer. It doesn't refresh any of the data contained in the report, hence when there is no data saved with the report, it cannot go to the server to retrieve the data.

There is another viewer out there (not a Business Objects product, I can't remember the name of it) that claims to be able to do this, but I have not tried it.

Sorry to not have been of any help.

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For a list of 3rd-party viewers that can refresh data, see: http://www.kenhamady.com/bookmarks.html

Answers (0)