cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aged Balance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I've been starting to work on a Aged Balanced report for my manager, but I'm stuck on the algorythm to use to calculate and display relevant information.

Basically I would like to display for each customer account the potential "debt" for different periods (< 30 days, <> 90 days, > 90 days).

Has anyone already worked on such a report ? How did you do?

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look into using the following functions in CR:

Aged0To30Days

Aged31To60Days

Aged61To90Days

For greater than 90 days you could use the DATEADD function (can add or subtract hours, days, weeks, months, etc).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well my question is more on how did you guys calculate the sum according to the date? I'm not really clear.... let's take an example. What I did managed to do is display for each customer every single row related to the credit and debit operations on his/her account, by grouping verticaly the sum according to the date of the operation. ie:

Customer < 30 days <90 days > 90 days

Peter xxx

9-sept 350$

15-jul -600$

15-may 890$

so here we have two bills (350$ and 890$) and one payment 600$. So my final report should display :

Customer < 30 days <90 days > 90 days

Peter xxx 350$ 290$

I hope i was clear enough,

Thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

You will have to create 3 formulas to get this :

Formula1

Numbervar amt1

If Currentdate - < 30 Then amt1:=amt1+ Formula2 Numbervar amt2 If Currentdate - >30 and

Currentdate - < 90 Then amt2:=amt2+ Formula3 Numbervar amt3 If Currentdate - < 30

Then

amt3:=amt3+

Now you place these three fomulas in your report and goup by customer.

You will get the values as you desired

Thanks,

Sastry

Answers (0)