cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference in EDI incoming invoices if PO is a limit PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I am familiar with the EDI incoming invoice process for what I call regular POs and Scheduling Agreements. We are starting to use limit POs (blanket POs - where the item category is "B"). When I manually enter an invoice for a limit PO via MIRO the process is slightly different than for normal POs. Can any one tell me the differences in the idoc for limit POs? For example I don't see a need for the QUANTITY field. But do not know if a different segment or different fields are needed to be filled.

Thanks for your help.

Sandra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tested this and it appears that no additional data is needed on an idoc for a blanket PO than for a regular PO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would say no for your answer. I have worked with the same scenario and sure that in Idoc header side, the mandatory fields are different and it expects while you posting the Invoice. The Idoc structure is different. The normal PO invoice is Values based posting, where as your Blanket PO invoice is Quantity based. This is one of the major differents between the both PO and Invoices.

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree, with your statements but my testing has proven otherwise. The invoice posted for the blanket PO using the same idoc as was used for a non-blanket PO. I haven't dug into the details yet so perhaps something is not correct but the invoice did post.

Sandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

No responses to my original request so updating just to see if perhaps someone missed my original message.

Thanks

Sandra