Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Nr of processors in License key

Hi,

We momentarily have a license key, with ## number of users, but for only 1 processor (Never requested, but default I suppose?).

Our BO system is installed on a server with 4 cpu's (processors). Version: BO XI R2 SP4,

My question: Should we perhaps request a License key for 4 processors to fully utilize our systems resources?? If anyone could enlighten me about this License key detail (number of processors), I would appreciate it!

Thanks for your time!

Kind regards,

Frode

Former Member
Former Member replied

The license doesn't actually change how many processors that BO Enterprise will use. The number specified in the license portion of the CMC only indicates how much CPU's you paid for.

Something we typically see with our customers is that they have an agreement with Business Objects, where they specify that only 2 of their 4 cpu's (or cores) will be used (because it's usually more expensive to buy a dual-core than a quad-core CPU). It is then up to the customer to make sure that this is enforced. If they don't, they are in violation with the license agreement.

As far as I know, this isn't feasible when running a Windows OS on the server. I've been told that you can limit this in Unix (possibly Linux) environments.

Kind regards,

Kristof Speeckaert

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question