cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Recruiting Master Data physically deleted in ECC but how to delete in BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm sure this problem has been encountered by others and I'm wondering what to do about it. E-Recruiting is mostly made up of master data. The InfoSets are built on master data. The issue I'm having is that a requisition can be physically deleted in the ECC 6.0 system but it remains in BI 7.0 never knowing that is has been deleted. This poses a problem for reporting. We may be reporting on things that have been deleted in the source system. I am considering totally deleting all of the data prior to the load daily. The business content loads are all full loads. There is a step available for the process chain for deleting DSO and InfoCube data but not master data. What has anyone else done about this?

Thanks for any insight,

Diane Merrill

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

An alternaitve approach to deleting master data:

- Add a navigational attribute to the requisition master data 'deleted' value Yes(x) / No (blank)

- Before loading master data from e-recruitment set 'delete' to true (x) for all records

(to do this create an export datasource from requisitions and feed this back to update requistions)

- Load data from e-recruitment and for every record loaded mark the deleted attribute to false (blank)

After this has been carried out all requisitions still in e-recruitment will have a value blank for the 'deleted' attribute and all requisitions no longer present in e-recruitment are marked with an 'X'. You can then exclude with a query restriction deleted requisitions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first save and start once your infopackage and notice the ZPAK_..... number, then choose in process type "Complete Deletion of Data Target Contents" , object type : info package and at the right hand side you see the ZPAK... numbers of infopackage, search your infopackage with ZPAK number with find button.

It should work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found that process type but it doesn't delete master data, only InfoCubes, DSOs, InfoPackages and Data Transfer Packages. My InfoPackage doesn't show up in the list...

Diane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there is a process type

under "Data Target Administration" then "Complete Deletion of Data Target Contents"

Hope it helps