cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business partner relationship for different dates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When creating "Employee responsible" relationships with a business partner, I try to do as follows:

BP 60010, Valid from 01.01.0001 to 31.07.2008

BP 60025, Valid from 01.08.2008 to 31.12.2008

BP 60010, Valid from 01.01.2009 to 31.12.9999

When I try to create this last relationship, I get an error message:

"Relationship already exists; further interval not possible"

Reading the description, it seems that I can't have two relationships with the same employee, even in different dates.

Can anybody confirm this, please?

Thanks,

Joã

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Arno-Meyer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello!

Time-Dependency for this Relationship-Type is not supported in CRM.

If you create this kind of Relationship the Valid-From and Valid-To should be read-only and defaulted with the entries 01.01.0001 and 31.12.9999.

In CRM 7.0 Time-Dependency for the Contact Person Relationship will be supported, but still not for the Employee Relationship (BUR011).

Best regards

Arno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arno Meyer,

I work with CRM 5.0 and I just wanted to find out how I can set a valid to date within a contact person relationship. Based on your statement is it not possible to edit the fields "valid from" and "valid to" in the contact person relationship in crm 5.0?

If I go to trx buba I have the possibility to edit the time dependency in the contact person relationship. But although I can change it there it will not work in the application, is that correct?

Thank you in advance for your help

Best Regards

Mirko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mirko,

You are correct. You can change time dependency for the relationship in tx. BUBA. However, the system will not make any validations based on that information. I tried that too, and this was the result.

Regards,

Joã

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi João,

thanks a lot for your help. Again I find an argument why it might make sense to change the CRM release. Actually I am a "little bit" disappointed in CRM 5.0. We also use the PCUI which also causes a lot of trouble sometimes.

Anyway, now I have to find another smart way of declaring a contact person relationsship as "no longer valid".

Best Regards

Mirko

Answers (0)