cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: the page size was not large enough to format...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a report that when run, is generating the error "The page size was not large enough to format the contents of an object in the report".

I have traced down the error to a subreport that contains a report header, a grouping, and a detail line. The group header underlays the detail line. This particlar design is needed because sub-reports cannot have sub-reports (which is what I really need to accomplish the result in a more straightforward manner). I am using Crystal Reports 11 R1.

When I turn off the 'underlay following sections' option in the sub-reports group header, the error does not occur, although this causes the report output to be incorrect.

This problem was documented as a bug in Crystal Reports 8 under the KB note 1213290. It was assigned track ID 51974, but a technical support person could not find any track ID of that number. Maybe it was never fixed or maybe it is occuring again. Don't know, but I am definitely stuck without a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which section of the main report is the sub-report located?

What is the height of the section which is marked "Underlay following sections"??

Former Member
0 Kudos

The sub-report is contained in 'details d' of the main report. This report has many subreports, each in a detail section.

The error only occurs when the sub-report spans a physical page boundary (I don't think I mentioned that... my bad).

Within the sub-report, the group header (there is only 1 grouping) is about twice as tall as the detail section that it underlays. There is only 1 detail section.

The group header represents an 'out building' (e.g. a barn, storage shed, etc) and the detail line represents additional modifications made to the out building. There is a one-to-many relationship between out buildings and modifications. Each out building takes up 2 lines on the report. Within the minimum two lines, I can print up to 2 modifications. Beyond two, space required for the outbuilding will grow (as the number of detail lines grows and pushed the group footer down the page).

I hope this is clear.