Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SAP GUI for Windows

I am trying to have SAP UWL Tasks open in the SAP GUI for Windows instead of the SAP GUI for HTML. I have created new folders "Customization"->"Universal Worklist" and created delta linked copies of all the iViews found in "Portal Users"->"Standard Portal Users"->"Universal Worklist".

Then I went to the System Administration->System Configuration->Universal Worklist & Workflow-> Universal Worklist-Administration->Optional Universal Worklist Service Configuration and changed the "Path to the UWL iViews to the pcd location of the new folder (portal_content/com.myl.custom/com.myl.uwl).

Then I opened the UWL - Launch SAP Transaction iView (my delta linked copy) and changed the SAP GUI Type to "SAP GUI for Windows".

I thought this was all I needed to do but when I open an SAP task from the UWL it opens the same as it did before - I see no difference at all. Any help is appriciated and rewarded.

Edited by: TA on Oct 1, 2008 6:03 PM

I just noticed that the XML content for the configuration has the SAPIACLauncher as the handler instead of the SAPTransactionLauncher...

So Now I have created a new configuration with each transaction is set similar to this:

<ItemType name="uwl.task.webflow.TS20000194.RS4" connector="WebFlowConnector" defaultView="webflowView" defaultAction="launchSAPAction" executionMode="pessimistic">

<ItemTypeCriteria systemId="RS4" externalType="TS20000194" connector="WebFlowConnector"/>

<Actions>

<Action name="launchSAPAction" userDecision="no" handler="SAPTransactionLauncher">

<Properties>

<Property name="GuiType" value="WinGUI"/>

</Properties>

<Descriptions default=""/>

</Action>

</Actions>

</ItemType>

However - when I open an SAP task from the UWL it opens the same as it did before - I see no difference at all. Any help is appriciated and rewarded.

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question