cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI for Windows

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to have SAP UWL Tasks open in the SAP GUI for Windows instead of the SAP GUI for HTML. I have created new folders "Customization"->"Universal Worklist" and created delta linked copies of all the iViews found in "Portal Users"->"Standard Portal Users"->"Universal Worklist".

Then I went to the System Administration->System Configuration->Universal Worklist & Workflow-> Universal Worklist-Administration->Optional Universal Worklist Service Configuration and changed the "Path to the UWL iViews to the pcd location of the new folder (portal_content/com.myl.custom/com.myl.uwl).

Then I opened the UWL - Launch SAP Transaction iView (my delta linked copy) and changed the SAP GUI Type to "SAP GUI for Windows".

I thought this was all I needed to do but when I open an SAP task from the UWL it opens the same as it did before - I see no difference at all. Any help is appriciated and rewarded.

Edited by: TA on Oct 1, 2008 6:03 PM

I just noticed that the XML content for the configuration has the SAPIACLauncher as the handler instead of the SAPTransactionLauncher...

So Now I have created a new configuration with each transaction is set similar to this:

<ItemType name="uwl.task.webflow.TS20000194.RS4" connector="WebFlowConnector" defaultView="webflowView" defaultAction="launchSAPAction" executionMode="pessimistic">

<ItemTypeCriteria systemId="RS4" externalType="TS20000194" connector="WebFlowConnector"/>

<Actions>

<Action name="launchSAPAction" userDecision="no" handler="SAPTransactionLauncher">

<Properties>

<Property name="GuiType" value="WinGUI"/>

</Properties>

<Descriptions default=""/>

</Action>

</Actions>

</ItemType>

However - when I open an SAP task from the UWL it opens the same as it did before - I see no difference at all. Any help is appriciated and rewarded.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well we finally got it working. We had to change the original SAP Transaction Launcher, once that worked we updated the delta linked copy and pointed to it and now everything is running smoothly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

TA,

try to clear cache under

System Administration->System Configuration->Universal Worklist & Workflow-> Universal Worklist-Administration->Cache Administration Page

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri