cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS Element - conversion exit ABPSN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to extract the WBS Element from R/3 with using data source 0WBS_ELEMT_ATTR.

I extracted the data but it looks that the conversion doesnu2019t working at all.

In R/3 WBS Element with conv. exit -> 80-80602 (customer wants to see like this)

In BW WBS Element with or without conv. exit- > 808060200000

Then I checked the function module CONVERSION_EXIT_ABPSN_OUTPUT on BW it doesnu2019t working on BW side.

I compared the data type in R/3 and BW they are the same, CHAR 24, conv. exit ABPSN.

It seems that this conv. exit doesnu2019t working on BW. Do you know what kind of adjustments are necessary on BW ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello karaca ,

Try using the Conversion routine WBSEL for the WBS Element. I think this will solve your issue.

WBSEL Conversion Routine

Use

There are extensive possibilities in the R/3 system project system for editing the external

presentation of the project and PSP elements (project coding, editing mask). These features are

included in the R/3 conversion routine. This comprehensive logic cannot be mapped in the BW

system. For this reason, the characteristic 0WBS_ELM_EX exists in the attributes of InfoObject

0WBS_ELEMT and the external description is stored there. As the external description is entered

on the screen, conversion routine 'CONVERSION_EXIT_WBSEL_INPUT' reads the

corresponding internal description 0WBS_ELEMT and uses this for internal processing.

If no master data has been loaded into the BW (master data generated by uploading transaction

data), then the internal description has to be input in order to execute a query.

Example

Internal Format: 0WBS_ELEMT: 'A0001-1'

External format: 0WBS_ELM_EX: 'A / 0001-1'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

thanks, helpful answer.

But the problem is, we dont have 0WBS_ELEMT as infoobject, we use another infoobject, which is not from business content.

If i change the conv. routine as WBSEL in info object, i get the following short dump.

What would you suggest here?

SAPSQL_INVALID_TABLENAME

12 DATA: LD_TABLENAME LIKE DD03L-TABNAME VALUE '/BI0/MWBS_ELEMT

13 *----- extern -> intern; wbs_elm_ex -> wbs_elemt

14 IF NOT INPUT IS INITIAL.

15 GWA_BUF-WBS_ELM_EX = INPUT.

16 READ TABLE GT_BUF_WBS_ELM_EX

17 WITH KEY WBS_ELM_EX = GWA_BUF-WBS_ELM_EX

18 INTO GWA_BUF

19 BINARY SEARCH.

20 IF SY-SUBRC IS INITIAL.

21 *----- internal number from buffer

22 OUTPUT = GWA_BUF-WBS_ELEMT.

23 ELSE.

24 *----- select external number

>>>>> SELECT WBS_ELEMT WBS_ELM_EX

26 FROM (LD_TABLENAME)

27 INTO CORRESPONDING FIELDS OF GWA_BUF

28 WHERE WBS_ELM_EX = GWA_BUF-WBS_ELM_EX

29 AND OBJVERS = 'A'.

30 ENDSELECT.

31 IF SY-SUBRC IS INITIAL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Code above is using 0WBS_ELEMT master data tables. You will have to create a new conversion routine for the custom InfoObject you are using. In this conversion routine you can copy the code but change the table names to the custom InfoObject tables.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

maintain same  conversion routine in sap bi for wbs element.(ECC)

Regards,

Giri

Former Member
0 Kudos

check in ecc for owbselement  which conversion exists ,  set same thing  inSap Bi  properties for wbselement (by default alpha conversion will be there) change it to required conversion as it is inecc.

Regrds,

Giri