Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

2 Logical Components for 1 Business Process Step

Hello All,

I'm looking for a way to assign in SolMan --> transaction Solar01 - Tab Structure - Business Process Step, 2 logical components for 1 business step. When creating the business step I have to assign 1 specific logical component to this step. Once I have done this I can only select the chosen logical component ffor SAP Transactions, configuration object etc.. As my business step is running on 2 different systems I need to find a way to link transactions etc. in the step to the different systems. Is there any way to change this for the Level 3 elements, like it is for level 2 (business processes) where I can choose in the different tabs between all the logical components?

Thanks in advance

Ramó

replied

I've seen people use some absolute craziness to get more than three levels. The most extreme being using multiple projects at the highest level (i.e. a project for PTP Accounts Payable). Don't go there.

I personally like to have 1 transaction per process step. Don't use the transaction tab as another process level, use it to better describe the process step (like all the other tabs are uses). It results in a better understanding of the system as you go forward. To do that I make teams break up things they think are one step (this can take some arm twisting, so hit the gym and maybe take a few judo classes).

This allows you to use SolMan in more powerful ways. For instance, if you attach development objects to a step with 5 transactions, you cannot tell which transaction is modified by the development object. However, one transaction per node provides you this link. There are other examples, but basically the "where used" button becomes very useful when you have 1 transaction per node.

Maybe you could provide a specific example of your process and we can think of a better way to collapse it.

Such as:

- PTP Non-Merchandise Purchasing

-- Expense Purchasing

--- Create Purchase Requisition

--- Create Purchase Order (Assign Vendor & Price)

--- Send to Vendor

--- Post Goods Receipt

--- Perform LIV

--- Process Payment

Some companies have 6 level processes already defined in models and putting it into SolMan can be a pain for sure. Your naming convention is usually the best route.

regards,

Jason

The system role and template work around doesn't apply to your situation.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question