cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC 6.0 installtion on HP-UX cluster (HA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

While installing ECC 6.0 on HP-UX High Availability Cluster, I am facing some issues...

First I installed the Central Servcies Instance for ABAP. It worked fine without any errors..

Then while installing the Database instance it gave me following error :

_----

WARNING 2008-10-01 17:57:21

Existing account p11adm is not a member of group dba. Changing membership of account.

ERROR 2008-10-01 17:57:21

FSL-05014 Command '/usr/sbin/usermod' with parameters '-G "sapinst,sapsys,dba" p11adm' failed with return code 8: Login p11adm is currently in use.

FSL-01003 Unable to modify account user="p11adm" uid="109".

MUT-03025 Caught ESyException in Modulecall: ESAPinstException: error text undefined.

FCO-00011 The step createAccounts with step key |NW_ABAP_DB|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Users_Create_Do|ind|ind|ind|ind|5|0|createAccounts was executed with status ERROR .

-

Tried to stop the ASCS instance installed... But it gave error saying " kill: 7286: The specified process does not exist."

Just wondering where this user "p11adm" is being used.

Kindly Help...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

It was Typing mistake... I meant to say "sapsys"...

I will try to kill it and the inform....

what did that sapstartsrv refer to ????

was it refering to ther ASCS instance which I had installed???

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Although i am not Markus, i will answer in his place

sapstartsrv is always started, when you start an instance (or at server boot). It is used to start the SAP from remote with SAPMMC on unix. When you stopsap, then the sapstartsrv process will remain. So in your case the sapstartsrv is most probably the one from the ASCS instance.

Best regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mho,

Just want to clarify that how does the sapstartsrv stops.

There is not specific command which stops the process, even though you stopsap. The only way is to kill the process?????

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

During the installation of an instance a script is created that starts that service on system boot. On HP-UX this is

/sbin/init.d/sapinit

You can use that script to stop and start the service (which is usually done e. g. on system reboot, it´s linked in the runlevels).

You can simply do

/sbin/init.d/sapinit stop

as user root.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus and Micheal..

the problem got solved..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

You are right....

sapstartsrv is showing against p11adm...

Should I kill the process.....??

Hi Micheal,

I tried to add manually p11adm to DBA and SYSDBA groups but it gave same error...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes you can kill the sapstartsrv. There is no sysdba group, so you did something wrong, or is it just a typo?

Regards

Michael

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Just wondering where this user "p11adm" is being used.

Try:

ps -ef | grep p11adm

This may be "sapstartsrv"...

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alternatively you can alter p11adm yourself and add him to the groups sapinst,sapsys,dba. You can then hit retry in sapinst and it will proceed (and probably complain about orap11).

Regards

Michael