cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geographic Information System (GIS) functions in SAP CRM 2007

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am currently working on a SAP CRM 2007 implementation project that consists in replacing an old customer service application.

Currently this application is managing service technicians' territories with embedded GIS functions (it relies on latitude and longitude data to assign the closest technicians to a service order).

I would like to know if SAP CRM 2007 is covering the following:

- GIS functions;

- Ability to assign a technician based on this;

- Ability to visually see the map and draw technician territory changes on it;

- Ability to optimize technician route (mileage).

I cannot find insights about this in the SAP Help.

So, where can I find some details / documentation about this?

A third party tool would be necessary and also its integration to SAP CRM?

Thanks for your help.

Brice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Brice,

So basically I don't see this being out of the box functionality, however you could build something for this.

1. You need to store the geo co-ordinates for the customer on the customer master or be able to "bolt out for this".

2. Create a new "partner determination rule" that would make a call to the external system to propose a technician on the service order.

3. Have a punch out on the service order screen that links into a web like GIS application where you could visualize this and send change data back into the CRM service order.

Now if someone else knows that CRM 2007 can do what you described out of the box, I would love to see the demo. We have a similiar requirement, where we need to keep track of the mapping, but no need to perform the routing logic.

Take care,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

how you finally get trough to satisfy your requirements?

I would be very graceful if you can tell because I am in a very similar case.

thanks a lot, Cristina

Former Member
0 Kudos

To my knowledge, it is a development completely and SAP CRM does not provide anything like this out of the box. More detailed as explanined by stephen. In our case, we have GIS in our ic web (along with ISU) scenario. BSP application development, where RFC to GIS is done and coordinates as returned by GIS are displayed, and creation of Z-tables to store customer specific properties.

All in all, a complete Z-Development involving BSPs, RFCs and XI. So, nothing really like out of the box SAP Solution.

Answers (0)