Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ways of search table name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi abappers,

I want search a table name in SAP.

I have the description name but I don´t find the table.

I go to the se16 and in the table DD02T I search in description field a description.

I go to the se11, click in the match code of de field table name and click on the sistem information and on the filed description a description.

I need other way where I obtain the table taht I search, please?

Cordial greetings.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have u tried with SE84 option?

if not try this se84->abap dictionary->database tables-> give description here

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos
I need other way where I obtain the table taht I search, please?

I really doubt if there is any other better way to search other than the transactions u have mentioned??

Regards,

Vishwa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have u tried with SE84 option?

if not try this se84->abap dictionary->database tables-> give description here

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would help you out for you query.

1.once you are into SE11 or SE16 place your cursor at the field where you got enter the table name.

2. press F4.

3. now you can find the field as short discreption.

try to add "*" before and after or afer each and every word and continue.

4. or ese if you are unable to find the short description field click on new selection on the bottom of that window or press CTRL+F.

and do the above procedure.

5. now you may find a list of possible entries displayed.

you can select your required table.

6. or else better go with APPLICATION HIRRARCHY SEARCH.

good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your attention,

I search with name of description and I found name of a view with the t-code se11 and select radio button view and put the name of this view, then on the tab table/join conditions I obtain the table name of this view.

I need found other name table of others descriptions, but this descriptions are the name of area menus (no descriptions name table)

some t-code or table where I search view or table of area menus Can you help me, please?

Thank to all

Cordial greetins.

Edited by: lopez fernandez on Oct 2, 2008 10:17 AM

0 Kudos

I need found the tables that there are in a Activity group (no area menus)

I view on PFCG, select a Activity group and on tab Menu view Assign transactions of menu of user.

If I obtain table of view (SE11, Table/join conditions I view the name of table that is used; but if I obtain only t-code ...

in se93 write t-code and push display object list I view all objects of Development class but I want only all tables of the t-code

Can I obtain the tables are used in a t-code?

Can you help me please?

Cordial greetings.