Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOCs in TRFC Queue

former_member187668
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a ALE scenario where we send IDOCs to other SAP system.

The IDOCs we send are sitting in TRFC queues, they are not sent to the target system. I checked all the ALE settings, they are fine. The processing mode is "Immediate".

When I go to SM58 I will find the entry for the transaction with status "Transaction Recorded". If I select the entry and press F6 (Execute LUW) the IDOC is sent to the target system and the queue becomes empty.

What I am missing? I dont want to go to SM58 everytime I post an IDOC. I am sure there will be some setting to process the IDOCs from the TRFC queue automatically. Can you please let me know that?

Regards,

Ravikanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

the problem is caused by immediately processing.

Pipeline:

Outbound Processing -> sender IDOC -> TRFC Queue -> receiver IDOC - Inbound Processing

In case your are using IP (immediately Processing) at sending side your are using 1 LUW to send it to the TRFC Queue and saving IDOC at receving side -STOP.

In case your are using IP at both sides .. your are using 1 LUW for the complete Pipe.

That means this LUW is still open if the IDOc is processed in the receiving system.

ToDO:

Go to your Receiving System and check the Processing Settings. Try to use Background Jobs or get higher Batch Processing to avaoid TRF Queue Jam

Regards,

Gordon

former_member187668
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

At my sending system the option is Immediate Processing (IP).

In the receiving side the option is "Background Job". Still IDOCs dont leave from TRFC. The status of the IDOC is "Sent to the Port (03)".

When I choose IP in sending system do I need to launch any back ground job or any setting that can send the IDOCs from TRFC?

Try to use Background Jobs or get higher Batch Processing to avaoid TRF Queue Jam

How to get higher batch processing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

that´s strange.

Try to get this queue clear.

Go to process LUW(s) all not single processing. Maybe something was stucked in the queue.

Get this queue clear and check RFC Destination used in this port. Maybe there is a problem, too.

Check SMQ1, SMQ2, and check your Batchprocessings at SM66 and look at syslog. Maybe you find something.

former_member187668
Participant
0 Kudos

I processed all LUWs in TRFC. Nothing is left. Even then when I create an Idoc it doesnt go. It sits in TRFC with status "Transaction Recorded".

SMQ1, SMQ2 I believe are for qRFCs. Do we need to set any settings for qRFCs even if we are using TRFCs? For eg QOUT scheduler etc...

I didnt do any settings for qRFCs any where. Do we need to do any?

Former Member
0 Kudos

oh sorry,

smq1 and 2 are wrong tcodes and for qrfc.

Do u using a BW application ?

Read note:

tRFC calls are not processed in transaction SM58

SAP Note Number: 530997

finally solution:

As a workaround, you can schedule the RSARFCEX batch job every 30 minutes which executes the tRFCs that have not been processed.

former_member187668
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes we are sending IDOCs from BI system. We are using NW (Basis 7.0) with qRFC version 6.30.060 with supplement 11. Note 530997 suggest to launch RSARFCEX as a work around. I wonder why we are getting this issue even when using the latest qRFC version. Anyway we are scheduling the report RSARFCEX.

Thanks Gordon for your valuable input.

Advait thanks for the interest, we are using standard message type RSRQST, Idoc type RSREQUST through ALE. Incase you have some suggestion please reply.

Thanks,

Ravikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are the entries in SM58 in any error status ?

regards,

Advait

former_member187668
Participant
0 Kudos

Before starting the extraction there were no entries in SM58. Our IDOCs sits in SM58 with status "transaction recorded" but not as error.

Regards,

Ravikanth

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it a custom idoc ? Are you using MASTER_IDOC_DISTRIBUTE to send the IDoc ?

regards

Advait