cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restricting t-codes from role or profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello can u answere this

can we restrict t-codes from role or profile.suppose i gave a fico-role to ficousers.i want to restrict some t codes from that role or profile like fico_all or sap_all. can u answere this question

Edited by: vasu k on Oct 1, 2008 2:02 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not possible, you need to create the new role or copy of role then remove the unwanted tcodes from that role.

regards,

kaushal

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

I think you can not lock a particular Tcode for particaular user or role but a tcode can be locked for all the users using SM01.

So please explore SM01.It might be helpful to you if you are able to create desired result,and while testing please dont lock SM01 itself.

Hope it would be helpful.

Regards

Gagan Deep Kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

I think this is not possible in R3 security.

You can create a new role(which cotains that peticular tcodes which you want to give it to only 1 user) & assign it to that perticular user.

Hope this helps.

Sushil

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

There are two approach for security.

1st - You give authorization to the user to perform some activity. User will be able to do the activity which he is authorized to.

2nd - You give all access to one user, and then restrict the sensitive tocde authorization.

But SAP(R/3) security is based on the 1st approach. not the 2nd one. So it won't be possible to restrict the tcodes from existing roles. until and unless you delete the tcode from that role. in that case all users will be affected who are assigned that role.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Debasis.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suggest that you post this in the appropriate forum, The Security forum at