cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking of plan data - BI7 - Integrated Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have set up an input ready query which selects on fiscal year, version, value type, currency and category. Two users log in to the same query and select different categories from the variable pop-up - this should not lock the data, however transaction RSPLSE shows a lock on all characteristics except for category. I have also tried to change the lock characteristics settings at RSPLSE to only lock on category, but I then get a lock on an empty selection. Any ideas would be appreciated .... Many thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the following:

1 - Is the Category characteristic selected as a lock characteristic for the relevant InfoCubes? You can check that in RSPLSE in the lock characteristics tab.

2 - In the query definition are you setting the Category filter (the variable) in the Characteristic restrictions zone or in the Proposed Values zone? It should be in Characteristic restrictions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pedro - Yes to both and still no luck.

I have marked Category as relevant for locking on the infocube and aggregation level at RSPLSE. The variable is a restriction on the characteristic in the rows/columns structure. Any other ideas are welcome .... thanks !!!

0 Kudos

Hi Gill,

using a restriction (variable) for 'category' in a input ready restricted key figure should be reflected in the selection used to set the locks; the system collects these restrictions coming from restricted key figures and build the cart. hul. Make sure that

- the variable was really replaced (is not empty that may lead to no restriction)

- that there is no other restricted input ready key figure with no restriction for 'category'

If this does not help, check also note 1247549.

Example: Restricted key figures

KF1: category 1, input ready

KF2: category 2, input ready

KF3: category 3, not input ready

should lead to the selection

category 1, category 2 in RSPLSE.

But

KF1: category 1, input ready

KF2: no restr. for category, input ready

KF3: category 3, not input ready

will lead to a selection table in RSPLSE that does not contain category.

Regards,

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gregor ...the problem is now solved. The property setting on the details tab of the category variable was set to optional - it should have been mandatory. Once I changed this the selection on both categories became input-ready. The mystery is solved Gill

Answers (0)