cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What value will be passed if we wont give any value for an input parameter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. What value will be passed if we wont give any value for an input parameter?(we are not checking the available Null option also)

2. What will be the value if we check that Null option field for input parameter?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can set up the parameter to pull null values.

what do you want your parameter to retrieve ALL values if nothing is selected?

would that include null values?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharon,

I just want to remove that Null Option Checkbox from there.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

1. What value will be passed if we wont give any value for an input parameter?(we are not checking the available Null option also)

---It will not allow the user to move forward unless until you selet some value in input parameter. (either some value from key board or check the Null Default)

2. What will be the value if we check that Null option field for input parameter?

--It will pass Null vaues to your input parameter and will not retrive any data. Infact this will help the storedprocedure to execute without any error.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sastry,

If I am not checking the available Null option and keeping a that text field for the input blank. Its going to access the database. Means its allowing me to move forward. But not showing me any record???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

May be it is passing spaces to your input parameter. If you want to remove the Default Value for Null check box you may have to remove the parameter from stored procedure and inset at report level .

Thanks,

Sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sastry,

Thanks for your help...

If i will remove these parametyer fields from SP and inset at report level then how i can invoke that particular SP from my report.

Thanks

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SP you will evaluate the parameter value and pull the data into your report. Now you will remove the parameter from SP for example

Country = {@country}

Country is your datbase field and {@Country} is a parameter. You remove this condition from SP and inset at report level in Record selection.

If you remove this parameter from SP then your SP will retrive all Countries data into your report. In report you will have parameter this will filter the data in report.

Thanks,

Sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sastry,

But my SP perfomance is depending mainly upone input parameters.If i wll filter each an every input field then there will be perfomance issue.

I am using query like - -- select * from tablename where Country = {@country}.

So there is only one way for me to skip these fields in SP and filter it after processing the data from SP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

You can also do it in other way but it is little complecated :

Create Main report and create parameters which you have in SP.

Insert you SP report as subreport

Pass your main report parameters values to your subreport (SP) parameters.

In this case it will not prompt SP parameters to user.

Thanks,

Sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sastry,

Thanks again for your valuable suggestion....

Can you please tell me any helping document from where i can get an idea about using subreport parameter to pass in main report.

thanks in advance.....

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

There is no such document on passing parameter valus from sub report to main report.

In Crystal help you can read subreport links. This may help you.

Thanks,

Sastry