cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMDERIVE in Funds Management-CI from Material Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to derive Commitment item from material group, as material group is not available as source field in FMDERIVE, we have included this field (MATKL-material group) in include CI_FMDERIVE.

I have tested this using active trace in FMDERIVE and if I mention the Material Group Number, I get the Value for Commitment Item as maintained in derivation rule table, but the problem is the when I am creating PO, material group field is not getting populated (which is mentioned in PO) in active trace and hence not able to derive CI, here also if I mannually put the material group, I get the correct CI.

What could be the problem?? what shld be done to correct this.

Thanks & Regards,

Jyoti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

I'd suggest you to try another way to catch the material group. Create derivation rule of the type 'Table Lookup', select MARA table and derive MATKL (Material Group) into user-defined field USERTEMP1. Then, create another rule deriving the commitment item from USERTEMP1.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eli for your valuable suggestion but we are not using material codes, we are only using material groups, so I'm not able to use table MARA to get Material groups. I am unable to find table from where I should get material group as this is not assigned to any other master. I have checked V023 and V023_E these are views so not of use. I can get this from EKPO but that would be too restrictive as it asks for PO doc number.

Please suggest some otherway to solve this.

Thanks & Regards,

Jyoti

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

I see. I tried to make it easier for you

Well, if you have to use this CI_DERIVE, then refer to note 382833. By simply adding new fields to the structure, you do not populate them. In order to do so, you have to implement user-exit EXIT_SAPLFMDT_002.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Eli... Will apply the note and then get back to you.

Thanks for your help.

Jyoti

Answers (0)