cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Values disappear after Transfer Values and reappear after Save

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have an input ready query with several rows and three collumns, each of those using restricted key-figures. The query is input-enabled and I can plan on the data OK but a strange thing happens:

If I enter values for a row and select "Transfer Values", the new value on the middle row just disappears. Nevertheless it is still in the buffer because planning functions pick it up! If I select "Save Values" the value reappears and from then on it works ok. This only happens when I input new values and not if I update values already entered.

This causes two problems:

1 - The user fails to see the value he entered after selecting Transfer Values and before selecting Save Values.

2 - If the user thinks he forgot to enter the value and tries to enter it again, the value will be duplicated in the buffer and that will show as soon as he presses Save Values.

What can be happening here?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Pedro

It could possibly linked to the following problem in thread

Cheers

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

That note refered has been applied in our system already before I noticed this error. Anyway this error is slightly different. Once you save everything becomes alright, and it is not intermittent. It always happens in the same way if I follow the same steps.

Thanks for the tip though.

Edited by: Pedro Fontes Pais on Oct 2, 2008 9:36 AM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Pedro!

Yesterday I encountered exactly the same problem you described here. I failed to find the solution at this forum or in support notes, but I was pretty lucky to find it by myself.

My case was the following.

I have multicube M which includes basic transactional cube C. C includes two info-objects - A and B. Both A and B have navigational attribute N. My input-ready query is based on the aggregation level which is built on multicube M. The query used A_N attribute restriction and had this disappear/appear issue as described. The problem was caused by assigning navigational attribute A_N both to A_N and B_N in multicube M. When I made the correct assignment (A_N to A_N and B_N to B_N) the problem was resolved.

Hope this will help in some way.

Edited by: Ilya Zaitsev on Aug 7, 2009 9:27 AM

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm kind of having the same issue and hope someone can throw out some ideas.

I have a multicube with only my planning cube under it. I have no records in my Material Family Agg Level which is by Version/Material Family Level. My input query brings up the list of families fine with an input field for the value. When I input my values and hit refresh the values are fine and show up assigned to the family. When I Save the data the inputted Key Figure Value moves from the family I specified and gets assigned to the # Family. I even tried it with an input line. I put in the Material Family and the KYF, press refresh, and the values gets updated for that family. Press Save and the value gets assigned to the # Family.

Any ideas?

lucimar_moresco
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

Could you check if your query is set as per note 1136163?

Regards

Lucimar

lucimar_moresco
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Seems to be the same as described on note 903029. Could you apply this note and let us know it it solves the issue?

Regards

Lucimar

Former Member
0 Kudos

The note is related to a BPS issue. I'm using IP. This issue is happening using BEx Analyzer and an input-ready query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the real time cube was partitioned recently?.This could also happen at times when the partitons of the cube are corrupted.