Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Correct Web server setup for CR4E Web App

Morning all,

I just want to find out what settings I will need to setup on our Web server once I roll out my first Web app with a crystal report in it.

Just to give you an idea of how I have been working:

I have been using my local machine which has the Eclipse software, JDK package 6.10 and Tomcat 6.0.18

all installed. I setup some envirment variabiles when I first installed Eclipse as I was having problems

getting everything working so tried lots. And I know dont know what is infact actually required.

I added a variable JAVA_HOME -- C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_07 and then in the PATH variable I added

%JAVA_HOME%/bin; as well as the Oracle bin folder.

Now that I have finished designing my reports (which connect to a Oracle database using the classes12.jar)

I want to role out my WAR file to our main web server. It is also a tomcat server but I think its version 5.5 (or there abouts)

Does JDK need to be install on the server and do I need to have those JAVA_HOME and other path details

setup on the server?

What other external settings (as in not with in my WAR file) would I need setup to make sure that my

reports can connect to the database and work as well as they do on my machine.

Thanks all for your help.

P.S. I did try find all this info out before hand but I could not find a 100% sure answer.

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question