Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document header text in Fb03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In ml81n transaction there is a field called external number which is stored in ESSR table.

Now when i go to mrrl and display the fi document i will be taken to Fb03 transaction. If i click the documnet header i will get another window which has documen header text. Now in this document header text i need to display the external number that was used in ml81n transaction.

I tried with enhancement points at some points. but it was not helpful.

Hope somebody would reply to this post.

Thanks in advance

Veda

Helpful answers would definitely rewarded.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use READ_TEXT to retreive header text.

READ_TEXT provides a text for the application program in the specified work areas.

The function module reads the desired text from the text file, the text memory, or the archive. You must fully specify the text using OBJECT, NAME, ID, and LANGUAGE. An internal work area can hold only one text; therefore, generic specifications are not allowed with these options.

After successful reading, the system places header information and text lines into the work areas specified with HEADER and LINES.

You have to used the READ_TEXT functions to read the SAP long text. e.g. Sales Order, Purchase Order Item text etc.

To check your long text header, go into the long text. Click Goto -> Header

This will give you OBJECT, NAME, ID, and LANGUAGE.

Pass them in the FM, you will get the header text that you want.

Also go through the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_40b/helpdata/en/d6/0db8c8494511d182b70000e829fbfe/content.htm

Hope this will help.

Thanks&Regards,

Naresh kumar.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

READ_TEXT provides a text for the application program in the specified work areas.

The function module reads the desired text from the text file, the text memory, or the archive. You must fully specify the text using OBJECT, NAME, ID, and LANGUAGE. An internal work area can hold only one text; therefore, generic specifications are not allowed with these options.

After successful reading, the system places header information and text lines into the work areas specified with HEADER and LINES.

You have to used the READ_TEXT functions to read the SAP long text. e.g. Sales Order, Purchase Order Item text etc.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_40b/helpdata/en/d6/0db8c8494511d182b70000e829fbfe/content.htm

Hope this will help.

Thanks&Regards,

Naresh kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope this will help.

Thanks&Regards,

Naresh kumar.