cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to compare two amount colomns in the query ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to compare two amount colomns in the query and based on that i need to change the color of the colomn

Is it possible by using exceptions.if yes please tell me how to do it.

Regards

Ansari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can give this a try:

1) Create a formula keyfigure (Keyfigure A> Keyfigure B)* 1+(Keyfigure A< Keyfigure B)* 0, so here you get value as either 0 or 1,

2) Hide this Formula Keygiure for display in the report, and create a exception on this Formula keyfigure for its value 0 or 1 with the desired colors.

3) While defining the exception on the 3rd tab we get the option to specify the Columns for implication of this exception, their you can specify the desired 2 Keyfigures to be highlighted with the colors.

Hope this helps ..

Regards,

Umesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

That logic really helped me.But i am not able to give color to the desired colomn.

i added one more key figure and did the calculation.

you are talking about the 3rd tab tat is DISPLAY tab.

there we have option to specify the colom.but wht ever i give there the color is geting changed for the colomn which i created for calculation purpose only.

How to solve this.?

I am using BI 7.0 Analyser.

Regards

Ansari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ansari,

You can very well display any deviations in a particular column above the thresold value that you need through Exceptions. But for comparision and then colouring I don't think it is possible at the report level.

May be you can create another formula in the column structure and create some rule to get the difference amount and display it with colours on or above the threshold.

hope it helps..

Best Regards,

Madhu