cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Downpayments and its reporting?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

What is the procedure of capturing customer downpayment in PS ? How do we report it through standard PS?

As per my understanding, we can assign milestone for downpayment under an activity in PS. Copy this milestone in billing plan.Once the activity is confirmed the milestone will be triggered and billing block will be removed and invoice will be generated.

How do we track this?

Thanks

Sarang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

you should create inquiry then create sales pricing by DP81 and write billing plane with billing date,Billing rule that is milestone billing in percentage .then create qutation .And sales order with refrence of quatation and as the milestone is confirm the billing lock is opened and the down payment is finished by Milestone billing.

Regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

down payment is a financial payment and is not project related revenue, it does not hit the wbs

try report 31FIM from CJE3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Virendra,

But how is this scenario treated in PS, when you are looking from configuration perspectrive?

Is there any other method other then expalined by me in my intial post.

Thanks

Sarang

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

from the config perspective the only thing is that you have to ensure the milestone date categ etc must generate sales doc type FMZ something in std SAP I do not have the system with me so . . .

from a functional perspective yes it is how you have described only that the downpayment % will be in addition to the total of revenues by other milestones (which should be 100%) so if you trigger the milestone billing plan you will end with more than 100% - the excess is down payment which has to be returned from subsequent billing