cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying an Image from Item Master Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys.

I have a question. I'm not sure if it is possible.

I want to copy an Item's image from the item master data to a word document for example.

If I right click on the image and select copy, and then paste it in a word document, its paste the name of the image (picture.jpg), instead of the actual image.

Is it possible to copy and paste the actual image.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

marcella_rivi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear Jerusha,

Another option might save you time. If you go to Administration - System Initialization - General Settings - Path tab there is the link to the folder where the images are. if you have stored them in a logical way or if they are few it should be easy to find the one you need and from there you can copy and paste the image.

Kind Regards,

Marcella Rivi

SAP Business One Forums Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess they can do that as well..

Thank you all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Execute the following query

SELECT T0.itemcode,T0.[PicturName] FROM OITM T0 for browse

Now navigate to the item for which you want to copy the image. Identify the 'Picturename' against the Item.

Now search for that 'PictureName' in the following folder:

<<B1 Server Name>>\B1_SHR\Bitmaps\

Now copy this Image and paste in word.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

Is this the best or only way?

I tried it and it works this way, lets hope the solution is favourable to everyone..

Thank you.

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the image is stored in a certain folder (administration module --> system initialization --> general settings --> path tab). so I am not sure if possible.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

not it isn't possible with copy and paste procedure. b1 only creates a thing like a symlink. cause of this behavior you got the file name by insertion in word. you only could define a word export template with the correct symlink and the variable.