cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bex Reports on Intranet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am new to BW having come from a SaS background. Hence all help and comments will be most appreciated with points.

I have created some reports in Query Designer and have been asked to make these reports available on the Company Intranet page. I have been searching the internet for guidance but all the info seem so confusing.

We are using BW 3.5. I am hoping some guidance or documentation will point me in the right direction.

Please note I will gladly award points for any useful info. Thank you all.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denver,

If your are end users are using Portal you can definitely Publish them for their use. But, making them available on Intranet is a really a question because your intranet is out of the SAP servers and lot of authorizations will also not allow you.

One thing if you don't have portal in use, you very well can make reports available to the user mail box using Information Broadcasting.

Hope this helps... also let me know if you need any help on how to do this...

Regards,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don;t see this being a problem

You will require either a ITS or WAS on your BW box (depends on the version you are using) and then when you can utilise the query as a URL unformatted or embedd the query into a WAD (web application design) and get the URL for that

You could use WAD in 3.5 (if memory serves me right) to use a menu page (utilising role menus which can have URLs hanging off them)

Then in your intranet call the menu page

(have a look around WAD, role menus, URLs, ITS/WAS in the SAP help documentation) - difficult to say as this is 3.5 and most of us use 7 now