cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Add-in installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

We have performed, few months ago, a BW 3.0B to BI 7.0 (NW 7.0) NON-unicode upgrade.

We would like to do a java add-in installation.

When I start sapinst it asks only for Unicode Kernel.

Is it possible to do it in a NON Unicode System or is mandatory to do an unicode conversion first?

Any thought on this?

With Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all for the update.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabirzio,

All JAVA systems are Unicode, as Unicode is part of the JAVA standard (there is no such thing as a non-Unocode JAVA system, SAP or non-SAP). Although it is recommended to also convert your ABAP system to Unicode, it is not mandatory.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt

Thanks for the update .. One doubt is it possible to install a unicode (java) in a non unicode (ABAP). What I mean isfirst should we go for a unicode conversion os ABAP or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anish,

>is it possible to install a unicode (java) in a non unicode (ABAP).

Yes, although there are some database settings you must take care of, it is technically possible to do this. In the long run, it is recommended to convert your ABAP system to Unicode.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

r u using SR3 version of netweaver . It supports only unicode . If u want non unicode go for SR2 or SR1. But beware SR1 has lot of errors..hope it helps

I will prefer to do a unicode conersion first and then go for java with SR3. hope this helps

Edited by: Anish John on Oct 14, 2008 6:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fabrizio,

Please refer the following document at marketplace to find a suitable way out for your DB OS combination.

http://service.sap.com/upgrade-bi --> Implementing Java for BI .

Hope it helps.

Regards

Dhiraj