cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calculation of item squaremeters in an invoice for price calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi to all,

we have got a customer who build wooden boxes.

he likes to calculate the price of the box in squaremeters of the surface.

the measures of the box are in the sales data (lenght,width..)

i only like to know , if somebody got an idea of an sql statement wich calculate the squaremeters and write the result in a UDF.

thanks to all readers

michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi to all,

thanks for your reply and your helpful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take a look at the Factor 1...Factor 4 on the Sales and Purchasing tabs of Item Master. I believe that this is what you need without using UDF's and FS's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

Enter the length and width of the item in invoice and then attach the formatted search given below in Quantity filed. It will be calculated in SQM:(In case length and width are in cms)

SELECT ($[$38.53.Number]$[$38.54.Number]0.0001)

from oitm

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

you could define two UDF in the repetitive area of an order / invoice. You define the udf as width and length. In the price per item field you insert a formated search. The formated search multiply the 2 udf with the price from the price table and inserts the result into the price per item field.

e.g. like that

SELECT ($[OINV.U_width]*$[OINV.U_lenght]*[T0.Price]) FROM OITM T0 ON T0.PriceList = T1.ListNum
WHERE T0.[ItemCode] = $[RDR1.ItemCode] AND  T1.[ListNum]  = T0.[PriceList] 

In this query you multiply the width and lenght with the pricelist you choose.

Of course you can use the volume fields of an order / invoice, too. but i think in this way it is more comfortable.

marcella_rivi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear Mr Polley,

In the sales tab of the item master data there is the field Volume. This field multiply the values in heigh, width and length of the item automatically.

You can use this value to write in the UDF.

Kind Regards,

Marcella Rivi

SAP Business One Forums Team