Hi PP Experts,
Can anybody explain me Define Checking Group,Define Checking Rule,Define Scope of Check,Define Checking Control?
Especially explain Checking Rule and its effect.
Jeyaraman R replied
Checking group T code ovz2:
Just it defines the method of check for availability.
1.Whether to take the total receipt records or single records per day etc.
2. whether to allow other users to process availabilty check for that material at the same time or not.
3. It must be assigned to the material master of that particular mat. (MRP-3 view). Otherwise the material will not be included for availability check.
It' just a text entry used to define ur area or module as u wish ( production, maintenance , etc.,)
Checking rule together with checking group specifies the scope of check.
Scope of check. T code opjj
1. It specifies which stocks are included for the availability check.
For example , safety stocks , quality insp. stocks are included in the check or not.
2. Receipt elements are considered or not.
(e.g) purch.orders, reservations, purch. reqs. etc.,
3. To specify a scope of check, you have to assign your checking group with the checkin rule.
Checking control T code opjk
1. It defines , during order creation and release, Material avalability , PRT, capacity availabilities are to be checked or not.
2. If material is not available, whether torelease the order or not.
3. what type of check, ATP or against PIR.
4. Here u have to assign ur checking rule.
Thanks & Regards,