cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic creation of purchase orders at goods receipts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear guru ,

I want to create purchase order when i execute GR Returns (mvt 161).

Where I define the purchase order document type that I want to automatic create ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to SPRO-MM-Inventory Management & Physical Inventory-Goods Receipt - Create Purchase Order Automatically Here Activate against 161 Movement type and Save.

Now Put tick Mark against Auto PO in MMR (Material Master) & VMR (Vendor Master)

Maintain Infor Record

Maintain Source List

Then go to MIGO and Select Category A01 Goods Receipt and Reference Category as Purchase Order and Click on Non Ordered Items and Give Material, Qty, Vendor Etc and Save.

Now System will generate one Purchase Order in Background go to ME2M and Check Once

http://www.sap-basis-abap.com/mm/auto-po-creation-during-gr-posting.htm

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Before configuration of setting for creation of Purchase Order automatically, consultant needs to under stand the business requirement and he should be aware of the difference between the different components of Material Management. Such as difference between creation of purchase order automatically in Purchasing and creation of purchase order automatically in Inventory Management. In SAP we can take this activity in both the sub components (Purchasing as well as in Inventory Management).

By this time, I hope that you have understood that there are different settings for each of these components and we have to configure two different set of information to meet each requirement separately. Hence let me define this activity as follows:

Create Purchase Order Automatically in Purchasing

For creation of purchase Order automatically from Purchase Requisitions we need to do the following additional settings in addition to our standard ones.

Activate u2018auto PO' indicator for material master

Activate u2018auto PO' indicator for vendor master

Create Purchase Requisitions using T Code ME51 or ME51N

Use T. Code ME59 or ME59N for auto conversion of PR into purchase order

Create Purchase Order Automatically in Inventory Management

For creation of purchase Order automatically in Inventory Management we need to do the following settings which are independent of the setting what we do in Purchasing for creation of automatic PO from PR.

Define one of the purchase organizations as Standard Purchase Organization

Assign your plant to Standard Purchase Organization

Maintain purchasing information record with price

Maintain the indicator for movement types 101 & 161

Define Default Values (MB01) for Document Type

Now you can enter a goods receipt without entering the purchase order number, a purchase order will be created automatically when you post the goods receipt. All such goods receipt will be valuated at the price maintained in the purchasing information record.

First you can try this with T. Code MB01 if it is working then try with T. Code MIGO, if you face any error or functionality is not working check with your basis consultant some authorization or some patches may be missing. Ask him to apply all relevant patches.

Try using automatic PO for 161 movement for transaction MB01. For MIGO Goods return, its not allowed to create automatic PO due to system settings. This info as I know.

Regards,

Syed Hussain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.

Solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

select SPRO-->MM-->INVENTORY MANAGEMENT AND PHYSICAL INVENTORY>GOODS RECEIPT>CREATE PURCHASE ORDER AUTOMATICALLY--->tick AUTOMATIC PO against 161.

regards,

indranil