0 Kudos

In BO 5.1.6 we could hide a universe via the supervisor

How can we hide a universe in BO XI R2

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't tnik it is a universe design problem.

The problem is :

When i start Deski or Webi

I can select the linked universe in the list of universes

What we could do in 5.1.6 is hide this universe so when i opened BO reporter i could not select the linked universe (and cannot select this universe) .

We however need this linked universe (that we cannot see) as in fact when we select the master universe, the linked universe is "included" automatically in the master universe and we see one only master universe.

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Sure - my understanding is that you want to have the Universe accessible only as a linked Universe, and not directly.

Likely someone on the Universe forums would be more familiar with this situation.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i dont know exactly what you are trying to do here

but have you tried "View on Demand" ???

good luck

Amr

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Would you mean per-User or UserGroup?

In the Central Managment Console, select Universes, select the Universe you want, then click on the Rights tab, to configure rights.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think you can hide universe in XI R2. You can move the Universe into another folder where no groups /users have access, so that users won't be able to access the Univserse.

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

In fact, we have two kinds of universe :

1) The first kind is "normal" universe, and I can hide them using the rights in the CMC

2) The second king is linked universes

The troubleshooting is we would like to use the master universe for one part and hide the linked universes behind so the users cannot select these universe to do requests

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Ah - moving post over to Universe Design.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda