cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FI-AA depreciation postings and CO-Impact

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP experts,

Accounts for assets can have a statistical cost element: the category is 90.

In my system CO-CCA is active. For my postings I use the cost center YYYY.

When I make depreciation postings with the society XXXX :

Facts :

In the FI-AA report both the asset account (credit) and the P&L account (debit) refer to the society (YYYY) linked to the cost center.

Question :

Is there any possibility to make the report different? : Ideally I woud like to make the posting for the asset depreciation on the society XXXX?

Thanks for your reply

Pascal Cuenin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MarkusBredel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

ok, I think we should sort this out a little bit.

First of all I assume that you mean "company code" as your organizational unit which you label with "society". So reading through your thread I assume that you have a cost center, which you assigned to company code YYYY (in the cost center master record), and you assigned this cost center to a Fixed Asset, which is created in company code XXXX.

The technical SAP term herefore from the depreciation posting point of view is called "cross-company depreciation postings". This depreciation posting will now post the expense in company code YYYY, and the balance sheet Fixed Asset posting to company code XXXX. This is standard behaviour and this is correct. You set up your cost center to recognize the expense in company code YYYY, so this is absolutley according to your configuration.

If you want to deactivate the expense posting to CoCo YYYY, then you may find a solution in note 1079708.

I hope that I didn´t misunderstand your problem.

Regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

You understand well my case.

Thank you very much for the time and the indication you gave me, it's precise. I haven't made tests for the moment but it meets my answer...

Regards

Pascal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the cost centre in the asset master data (Time-dependent sheet)? If it is XXXX, then the depreciation should be posted on this CCtr.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ely,

thank you for your reply. You can consider the society of the asset (AS01) is the society XXXX. Then as you say the depreciation is made on the society XXXX.

My concern is the following : the cost center is linked to the society YYYY. As I have created cost elements for the P&L account and for the asset account the report is made on the society YYYY and not on society XXXX.

As the asset cost element is statistical, it shouldn't be possible to repost on another cost center.

I wonder if there is any possibility to make the report on the society XXXX.

Regards

Pascal Cuenin

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

I must admit, I'm confused: what do you consider as a 'soicety'? What do you mean by linking cost centre to this 'society'?

Anyway, the depreciation will be posted on cost centre or other CO object, the asset is linked to.

Regards,

Eli

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I too am confused... but then again, I didn't pay much attention during my government classes... democracy, aristocracy, autocracy, oligarchy, republics, meritocracy, minarchism, dictatorships, feudalism... if I have to re-learn that stuff to keep working in SAP then I'll go work with Oracle.

What I do know is that Eli's comment is correct. FI-AA determines what cost center to post to and it's not possible to change it via a line item substitution or somethign of that nature (although there is a BADI that might be able to enhance it in FI-AA). So if you want depreciation to post to a particular cost center, than you need to have the asset(s) assigned to that same cost center. Very simple.