cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropdownlist problem in .Net PDK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working in .Net PDK 1.0.I have a country and a state dropdown in my page. When I select the country, state must be populated for the selected country.Country is also loaded dynamically on page load

But I am facing this problem while using dropdown controls. When I select a country, server side event triggers but both my country and state dropdown gets cleared. Can someone tell why this happens. Do I have to bind the country and state dropdown everytime i hit the server.

Please reply asap.

Thanks

swetha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Reshef...

If I have to bind it everytime, I need to store the datatable in memory. I work in a clustered environment and I found a limitation in MSDN stating that Application and session objects should not be used for state management. I can't use a cookie since I need to store a datatable. Please let me know what are the other alternatives for state management.

Thanks

Swetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The .NET PDK controls does not save the viewstate of collection controls due to performance considerations (bandwidth). (simple controls such as InputField save state).

This means that u indeed have to data bind each time.

Hope this helps, Reshef