cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro application design

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am fairly new to web dynpro. I am curious what are some ways people are going about designing and visualizing their applications? What are some good tools to use to do so. I am especially curious if anyone knows of a tool or some visio templates that let you plan out your SC's, DC's, controlers, views.... you get the idea. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

Currently I dont have the docs for referring to you.

But I'll try to give some Idea to you.

Always Go for MVC architecture.

Keep your logics in different DC's.

like create 4 DC's

for sample DC names:

a)sap~ui

b)sap~service

c)sapdataaccessinterface (or) sapdai

d)sapdataaccessmanagerr3 (or) sapdamr3

ui-dc will use service dc.

service dc will access damr3 thro' dai -dc.

If you need more info let me know.

Regards,

Karthick Eswaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much for the info. Do you have an example project or a link to one that breaks it down in this way? if not, could you explain a little more about what you break into each layer. Also, if you are using multiple datasources/models such as 2 web services and 2 adaptive rfc's would you put them in the same dc?

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

In WDPAppln there should be a UIComponents and modelcomponents .UICOmpoenent for visual purpose and modelcompoenent for data fetching purpose there can be a layoutmanagercompoent whic arranges the UIComponents in large application .see the link below

link for componentazation

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f727d100-0801-0010-4cbd-b0a...

Link to documentation

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/1c/bca99c220c0e45a1cae3c4cccf4346/frameset.htm

Regards,

yashpal

Message was edited by: Yashpal Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

Create 4 DC's as I said earlier.

In DC3- sap_dai-right click WebDynpro Component interface.

And create component interface definition.

Bcaz its a interface,and it doesnt have WebDynpro component.but this Layer(Acts like and Interface in java)

will have all the Context nodes,as service layer have.

DC-4 -sap_damr3 will be having all of your datasources/models,and it should have any number of WebService or adaptive RFC's.

This layer will connect with your Database like oracle / DB2 / SAP R/3 System thro' BAPI's.

And important point here is..sap_damr3 should implement the interface sap_dai.

Only this layer will have Model Nodes as well as Value nodes and dont create model nodes in all of your DC's except this layer.

Copy your all model nodes to value nodes using WDCopyService class (method: copyCorresponding())

Then map this Value nodes to dai layer's context.

whole overview:

sap_ui - layer will have all of your presentation related logic

sap_service - layer will have all of your Business logi

sap_ dai - will be an interface which is having the abstraction of service layer

sap_damr3 - layer will have all persistence related logic.

like database connection,webservice etc.

If you need more info let me know.

Regards,

Karthick Eswaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

I'll check if I have any sample projects for explaining to you.when i was in my previous company,I've created that project.So give me some time.I'll check it and let you know.

In my above explanation if you have any doubt please ask me.

Thankx and Regards,

Karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

Please dont follow the architecture given in Flight List exactly.

That is only for example.If you follow my approach,it'll be easier to maintain your project as well as you can re-use your logics/DC's bcaz you are seperating all of your layers in this approach.

Regards,

Karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the further clarification. I would definitely be interested in seeing an example solution using this architecture if you have one you can share. My email address is on my profile. In the last post you reference the architecture of Flight List. Are you talking about the tutorial app for adaptive RFC's? Also, out of curiosity, do you layout your architecture/layers/components ahead of time? if so what do you use word, visio, uml, pencil paper....?