Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Include search help to screen field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I have provided a search help to a standard screen field, which when press F4 displays the suitable entries. My problem is that when I select 1 entry from various entries it doesnot populate the screen field.....the entry no longer is displayed in the screen field.

TCODE: VA02

SCREEN-FIELD: INCO2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

INCO2 must be a part of the search help and defined as an export field.

Michelle

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

INCO2 must be a part of the search help and defined as an export field.

Michelle

0 Kudos

Hi Michelle,

Ca you please elaborate the point you mentioned.

0 Kudos

Hi karthikey,

I presume that you have created search help for example (sold to party) in VA02.

In definition tab u give the selection method will all the fields and join conditions if any to join any two tables

In parameters u should check for sold to party(kunnr) both as import and export.

Regards

Jerry

0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

i have created the search help and its working, i mean it is showing all the possible entries

but now if you select an entry from that list, that entry should reflect over the particular screen field, this thing is not working properly, i mean the selected entry do not appears in the particular screen field

the field is INCO2 in the transaction VA02.....please help me out as am in grave situation...........thanks in advance

0 Kudos

Hi karthikeyan ,

Hope u haven't checked the modified checkbox for the parameters in search help.

if yes uncheck it to work properly.

Regards

Jerry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just create one elementory search help (something like ZINCO2 with all required values)and assign that to INCO2 data element .

May this will solve your problem.