Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default values for static report parameters are not visible when scheduling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Crystal Reports 2008 Dev

Crystal Reports Server 2008

When I publish a report to the repository and then try to schedule that report, the default value that I have set for a static parameter in the report is not visible.

In the Parameters section of the Scheduling wizard this parameter is marked as [EMPTY]

However, when I View the report (right click and select View) from within Infoview, the parameter default value is visible

I have published in the following 3 ways:

Publishing Wizard

File > Save As > Enterprise from withing Crystal Reports Dev

CMC > Folders > Add > Crystal Reports

The results are the same for each method of publishing.

To try to eliminate any DB issues etc i have created a report that is not attached to a datasource.

This test report has one Static parameter.

I have set 3 values for its list: Entry A, Entry B, Entry C

Entry X is set as the parameter Default Value

The parameter is placed in the details section of the report

When the report is Viewed it will prompt for parameter entry, with the default value present

When I try to schedule the report is will not have an entry for its parameter

It seems to me that the default values for parameters should be retained from report design through to report schedule, especially when the default values are retained from report design to report View

Is this a config problem that i have ?

Can anyone help me with this ?

Best regards

Patrick Coote

Edited by: PATRICK COOTE on Oct 2, 2008 2:08 PM

Edited by: PATRICK COOTE on Oct 3, 2008 9:23 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Patrick,

I know that within an XI R2 Environment that to ensure my default parameters do not appear as 'empty', I need to refresh the report (and connect to the database) before using the publisher.

Robert Klein

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert

Thanks for the reply and apologies for not responding sooner.

What i have found is that if i use Publishing Wizard to upload reports it is then possible to set values for prompts during the last step of this process.

Although this is a bit clumsy, it is sufficient for now

Best regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

A further discovery that i have made is that (similar to Robert's suggestion) if i open and preview the report in designer, and then switch on the Save Data with Report flag, i can then use the Publishing Wizard with the values of parameters intact

Answers (0)