cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start routine error - infosource 2LIS_13_VDITM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

During the activation of the standard InfoCube 0SD_C03 (Sales: Overview), I have encountered a problem in a transformation between the infosource 2LIS_13_VDITM and the afrementioned Cube (this transformation has been transferred during the activation of Business Content).

The transformation is inactive after the installation (other dataflow structures, for other datasources attached to this Cube have been automatically activated). When I try to active it, an error message appers, informing that:

a) Initial update has been set for some of the key rules (e.g. for target field 0VERSION) - but that is a minor obstacle; the bigger problem is that

b) there is a syntax error in the start routine for this transformation

Checking that start routine results with the following error:

E:In PERFORM or CALL FUNCTION "ROUTINE_9998", the actual parameter

"SOURCE_PACKAGE" is incompatible with the formal parameter

"DATA_PACKAGE".

Since I'm not an ABAPer, that info is a bit vague to me.

I have tried to find an answer in the forums but with no success. So if anyone could provide a solution this problem or point me to a thread where it has been answered, I would be very grateful.

I can provide more details should those be needed.

Best Regards,

Alek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You would have migrated from BW 3.5 to Bi 7.0 version, and this results in descripancy in the routines as in 7.0 we have OOP programming, and the source data package definition is changed from DATA_PACKAGE to SOURCE_PACKAGE . pls complete the change and then check the routine.

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info Umesh,

Just to be sure - I should simply change "SOURCE_PACKAGE" to "DATA_PACKAGE" in the code of the start routine? "Source_Package" is present in two places in that code:

METHODS

start_routine

IMPORTING

request type rsrequest

datapackid type rsdatapid

EXPORTING

monitor type rstr_ty_t_monitors

CHANGING

SOURCE_PACKAGE type tyt_SC_1

RAISING

cx_rsrout_abort.

and then after that in:

• Migrated update rule call

Perform routine_9998

TABLES

SOURCE_PACKAGE

CHANGING

l_abort.

Or should I revert to the 3.5 version? (as a side note, that Data Source (2LIS_13_VDITM) has been activated in 7.0 version by default, when I replicated data sources in BW).

Praveen, as to your remarks, I have the datasource 2LIS_13_VDITM (in version 7.0) active, along with the appropriate Infosource. Transformation between the DataSource and InfoSource is active, and only the transformation between the InforSource and the Cube poses problems.

BR,

Alek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With this code i think changing from DATA_PACKAGE to SOURCE_PACKAGE should work, can you pls elaborate at exactly which step you are having this routine. And as you are in 7.0 version you should ideally be using Transformation and DTP between datasources and Cube.

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Umesh, thank you for helping me on this issue.

The routine that has the error ("the actual parameter is incompatible with the formal parameter", as above) is a start routine in the transformation between the Cube and InfoSource.

The whole transformation - so that start routine too - has been activated from Business Content. I haven't changed/added a thing in there, it's made by SAP.

Also when you say that I should change from DATA_PACKAGE to SOURCE_PACKAGE, do you mean that I should simply find all places in that routine's code where "DATA_KACKAGE" is and replace those words with "SOURCE_PACKAGE"?

Sorry for such a trivial question, but I really am rather low in the ABAPing department;)

If you wish, I could send you the entire code of that start routine (about 2,4 thousand lines;) ).

Once again thanks for keeping with me on this subject.

BR,

Alek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Aleksander

what about just reactivating the transformation bringing problems from business content.

bye

Boujema

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> hi Aleksander

> what about just reactivating the transformation bringing problems from business content.

> bye

> Boujema

Hmm.. to be honest I have tried that. And a strange thing is, that when I pick up that Cube from Business Content, add it with the 'in data flow before' and deselect all objects from the activation ("do not install any below" on the cube level) and then try to find that transformation - there is none. Or at least I can't find it anywhere on the list. I have only InfoArea, InfoObject and transfer rules (there is also a transfer rule for infosource 2LIS_13_VDITM).

Perhaps I could try reversing that data source (2LIS_13_VDITM) to a 3.5 version and then try activating the contents again? Maybe then transfer rules and update rules will be attached on that InfoSource, instead of transformations?

BR,

Alek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

for 2LIS stuff there is normally no content delivered in BI7 what you could do is activate the flow in 3.5 and then migrate everything to BI7.

Instead of going with all the dataflow when activating do it peace by peace, cube then infosouce then udpdate rules then transfer rules.

After that go to rsds migrate the datasource or restore it as you like.

then position your self on the upate rule and with the context menu select generate transformation.

this should work.

bye Boujema

Edited by: Boujema Bouhazama on Oct 3, 2008 4:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your help, Boujema's advice helped.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you use transformation you should use BI 7.0 datasource.

I think 2LIS_13_VDITM is not migrated.

or

You are using tranfer rules and update rules and have migrated 2LIS_13_VDITM datasource then you need to use migrate tranfer rules and update rules to transformation with the presence of infosource.

Check both in your case.

Hope this helps.