cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC to SOAP scenario and transport process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scenario:-IDOC to SOAP:

We got the WSDl file from Target system and our current scenario is working perfectly fine in Dev.

Requirement:

I have to send the same IDOC to two different SOAP target system with different SOAP URL WSDL structure is same only the URl differ.

Solutions which I thought of:

1) Separate Design for both the scenarios in IR and one CS with two SOAP channel, interface and receiver determination and agreement.

2) Use the same WSDL file structure for both the case. this will avoid the separate IR configuration. in this case there will be common MM,IM. In ID the configuration will remain the same as the case one.

In 2 case I would like to know whether I can use the WSDL file which has the details of first SOAP target for the second SOAP target. Will this WSDL file act simply as structure? Does the URL mentioned in the WSDL file will create any problem?

Transport process:

SOAP WSDL file has different URL for DEV,QA and PROD. when I transport the IR from Dev to QA the Dev WSDl file will be reflected in QA as external definition, I wanted to know what is the best method to do the transport in the above situation.

Solution which I thought of

1) Go to QA IR and import the QA WSDL file.

2) Go to Dev and import the WSDl file of QA and import it in QA which avoids manual import in QA, if I go by this way will this affect the testing of my interfaces in Dev system.

What is the best method we do the transport for the above scenario.

Need ur suggestions?

chirag

Edited by: Chirag Gohil on Oct 1, 2008 1:29 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you need to send the data to multiple SOAP Receivers and the receivers in your case is less means

You can use your proposed approch itself.

If you have more SOAP Target Locations that needs to send the same file means Use the concept of

Dynamically Determine the SOAP URL based on the Receiver.

this will make sense more

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh and Sheshagiri,

Thnx for the reply.

I have only two SOAP targets.

I still wanted to confirm regarding my second approach,

let me give u more detail view:

1) WSDL URL in both the files of both SOAP target has different host name and ip address.

Now if i go with my second appraoch and use only one WSDl file as a structure so it will avoid creation on MM and IM for second SOAP interface. One common IM and MM will be used for both the interfaces in ID.

Will this create any problem? Still I have not tried but will try it soon.

Can u throw some light on the transport process which I have mentioned.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

While doing transport from DEV to QA & PRD,

No need to take care abt any thing which u have mentioned the points.

The thing we need to care abt the SOAP URL in the receiver channel,

Once u have transported to QA & PRD Servers.

You need to update that URL QA & PRD Respectivly and that is enough as far as i know.

We also implemented Idoc---SOAP scenarios nearly for 1500 Stores & used the Dynamic URL Config

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sheshagiri,

parameters will be changed by me in ID but my Dev,QA and Prod WSDl file has different URL, so if I transport the IR from Dev to QA then in QA system it will have the WSDl file which is used for Dev system not for QA system. I hope u got my point?

Regarding Dynamic configuration:

can u let me know what exactly u have done in Desing n directory.

In my case I am using the same business system, only difference is it is sending it to different SOAP URL.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

As far as i know there wil not be any target URL in the WSDL File which we bought from the webservice application.

Can u please paste the WSDL File which u have .....

If we come to Dynamic URL Config means, as per my concern

You have only 2 Target locations to receive the Idoc. so its better to go a head with ur existing approch itself.

Why becase for Dynamic URL Config.....

we have to maintain the target URL's in One Table and need to use RFC lookup to pick this URL Dynamically based on some value from the Input file.

And also we need to use Standard UDF code for Dynamic config in Mapping .

And need to check the option Use ASMA in the Receiver SOAP CC.

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is for ur reference:

<wsdl:port name="CREMAS04RequestHttpPort" binding="tns:CREMAS04RequestBinding">

<soap:address location="http://hostname/WLLPSOAP/CREMAS04Request"/>

</wsdl:port>

</wsdl:service>

</wsdl:definitions>

in the above WSDL file hostname will change with respect to Dev,QA and PROD environment.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

I think ,in this case we have to update the Host name & URL which is there in the WSDL File after

we import the objects to QA.

Just export the wsdl file and change the necessary things & import it again,

If iam correct this shldn't Effect any thing for mapping and all.

Is the address location="http://hostname/WLLPSOAP/CREMAS04Request"/> in the wsdl file

and the SOAP URL in the receiver CC is the same in your case???

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes this is the URL which is used in SOAP adapter.

I might have to follow the process which is mentioned by me in transport.

Does ur WSDL file is same for DEV,QA and PROD?

chirag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Better way will be

1) You can Export the objects from DEv to QA and then export the wsdl file from QA & change the Necessary things then re-import it.

2)Just Create another SWCV in DEV like QA SWCV & Use Release Transfer to make mirror image of the DEV SWCV

There by maintain the values for QA which needs to change in wsdl

and there by Export this Interfaces to QA so that this will contains your expected parameters.

>>Does ur WSDL file is same for DEV,QA and PROD?

Yes, Same for All

Regards

Seshagiri

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the only change is SOAP URL, the simplest solution is to use DynamicConfiguration and set the SOAP Url Dynamically in the Message Mapping.

This way you will just have 1 scenario and you can determine dynamically within the UDF which SOAP URL the message has to be sent to.

As for the same WSDL being used in both cases, the WSDL used inside mapping is just a reference to the target Strucutre. The URL can be anything you want as long as the URL you provide is a valid URL and one that understands this SOAP Request.

Regards

Bhavesh