cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sp_tables stored procedure gets executed when running crystal report 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a new crystal report using Crystal Report 2008. When I run this crystal report in my application, SQL Profile shows me

exec sp_tables N'<view_Name>',N'dbo',N'<db_name>',NULL

statement gets executed.

When I design the same kind of report in Crystal Report 11, this statement is not being executed in it.

Is this something newly introduced?

This statement causes a problem to user who doesn't have permission to select any field. At the time of report loading, this statement doesn't return any data and report fails to load. "The Tables <view_name> doesn't found." error gets generated.

Please provide your feedback if you are aware of any information.

Regards,

Maulik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

james_wong
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Maulik,

I have few questions for you to help narrow down the issue.

--Are you having the issue directly from Crystal Reports as standalone designer or with any application like VB, ASP, Dot net and so on?

-- What is the Datasource you are using (ODBC / OLE DB / Native/ etc) ?

--What is the Database you are trying to connect ?

--what is the version of crystal reports/ any service packs Installed.

--Does this issue occur in a particular machine or any machine?

--Can you provide me with the workflow before and after the error occur?

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Please find answers as below.

1. I am using Crystal Report from my VB.NET application.

2. Uses ODBC as a DataSource.

3. I am trying to connect SQL Server 2008 (RTM).

4. Crystal Report 2008.

5. It occurs to any report running on any machine.

6. I can not provide much information on it. But what I have done is I have created a simple report to show list of products name from DB. Now, when user click on show report button, a crystal report is shown. There I get an error as I mentioned.

Thanks for response. Please let me know if you required any additional information.

Thanks,

Maulik

Former Member
0 Kudos

The sp_tables call is made when the report is syncing with the database. You can prevent this from happening if you turn off the option "Verify on First Refresh" in the options. For Visual Studio, this option is found on the menu bar Crystal Reports>> Report>> Report Options...

With this value off, the report will not verify the database objects used, so if there is a change to the schema, it will not be reflected in the report.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Answers (0)