cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do Validations on Incomming Idoc-XML In XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have Scenario Idoc--File, in this if my Idoc generated with 5 line items say 5 Materials.

Say If the 3rd Material data is wrong , then the whole Idoc wil be failing in MONI.

We implemented in mapping on how to through exceptions if there is no sales price or sales price is > MRP kind of validations and all, So the Idoc will fail in MONI if any of the conditions fails....this will not send to Legacy system because of condition fail

Can we do like this

1) Can we just process the remaining Materials except 3rd material???

2) How to know the 3rd Material data is wrong??? untill and unless we check in message mapping Test, we dont know this where it went wrong.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think XI/PI point of view we can't do with default setting. Better to do something in IDOC generation program so that we can prevent at initial stage and it is very simple also. XI/PI point of view we can do but need more customization, meanwhile all material data are comming in one idoc so we can't check individually, if each material data come separately in idoc, that time we can process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay Nallam,

Thanks for your valuble

i need more views on this

Regards

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better to think on alert configuration, it will work out easily.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is possible to send other material,but it would be better to put these type of check on R/3 side.

if u want do this in pi then throwing error message use alerts to user inbox for particular material that no fulfiling condition.