cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Serial Number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am creating a material serial number with tcode IQ01. The system is automatically generating a serial number and when i clicking on Equipment view the system is automatically generating an equipment number.

My query is whether it is possible to assign equipoment number manually in IQ01? and also when i create a refurbishment order only material number is reflected.So how does this Order point to Serial number because as per my understanding material number and serial number is a unique combination which points to single equipment.

Thanks

Sarang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

paul_meehan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Because the equipment record is created on the background (no dialog) it is not possible to manually specify the equipment number.

If you have a serialised material then when creating a refurbishment order for that material there will be a 'objects' icon next to the quantity field. Click this to enter a serial number for each item - quantity of 3 will allow entry of 3 serial numbers.

If you don't have the objects icon then check the serial number profile in OIS2.

-Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

What is the setting (procedure) i need to maintain in profile, to see the objects tab ? I dont see it currently.

Thanks

Sarang

paul_meehan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintain the PPAU (Serial numbers in PP order) procedure.

-Paul

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

i think it is not possible to specify the equipment number possible while creating serial no IQ01, while creating the refurbishment order you can only specify the material number while issuing the material to the refurbishment order you will specify the serial no ,hence from the combination of serial no+material no you can find the equipment

regards

thyagarajan