cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle purchasing prices in units by 1000 ?

michael_benner
Participant
0 Kudos

Hallo experts,

we need to handle flyers in SBO and we have a contract with a price of 1326 EUR per 1000 pieces.

Wenn I calculate the price per each, I am getting 1.326 and the the last digit is cutted or rounded ( = 1.32 or 1.33). So I will always get wrong prices in PO or the corresponding invoice.

Is there a possibility to enter and handle a price per 1.000 or must I change the digits for prices from 2 to 3 (with all the negative impacts)?

Thanks in advance

Michael.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

The purchase price is better to set to more than two decimals. Your issues are pretty common. The benefit will over weight the negative impacts if any.

Thanks,

Gordon

michael_benner
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

but I can't change only the decimal digits for the purchasig price, if I change the digits for the prices, I change the digits for all prices - isn't it ?

marcella_rivi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

yes, it is correct. When you change the decimal places in the general settings - visual tab you will change them for every document you add.

If you don't want to change the decimal places of the prices, could be helpful for you to change the decimal places of the volume?

Kind Regards,

Marcella Rivi

SAP Business One Forums Team

michael_benner
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Marcella,

what do you mean with "decimal places of the volume".

Best regards.

Michael

former_member370721
Active Participant
0 Kudos

SAP actually does not support this. How I did it:

I have added UDF's to the BP catalog numbers to enter a Price Base (per 100, per 1000 ...) and the respective price.

From PO I pull the prices from BP catalog numbers using an FMS. The FMS calculates a price per 1 and enters this price into the PO. As already mentioned, you will also need to extend the decimal places of 'amounts' to a higher value, i.e. 3 or 4

HTH

Franz

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael,

After reading all the responses and carefully analyzing your question, I believe the only option you have to make it work correctly is to have a 3 digit decimal for the price. All other work arounds are merely work arounds.

If you have a price which consists of 3 decimals then would need to have a 3 dicimal precision.

Regards

Suda

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can set amount to 2 but price for 4.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this thread

[]

michael_benner
Participant
0 Kudos

Sridharan,

thanks for the very quick response, but, the problem ist, that the purchasing price is defined by 1.000, the purchasing quantity is mostly 300.

So I need the unit in 1000 only as the price unit and not as purchasing or sales unit.