cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

excise duty on frieght

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even after making the tax @0% at the item level the excise is been calculated on the frieght in the invoice. I dont want any kind of tax on the frieght. How to maintain that condition.

Regards

Parag

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member756545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

In invoice screen, i hope you are taking PO reference and choosing goods/service items. as you have mentioned, frieght is planned in PO. when entering in MIRO screen, system will default value of freight condition in seperate line item. first line will be the goods qty and value. if the item is excissable, system will default the relevant tax code for first line item(goods ) and for second line item make sure that tax code is V0(zero tax). then you choose in header calculate tax.

if you are choosing only planned delivery costs, then dont choose calculate tax in header and and check in line item and make sure zero tax code is selected.

i hope this helps.

Regards,

Girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please elaborate ur problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem here is the excise tax is calculated on the frieght. the frieght condition type is there in the PO. it is possible that the condition type is maintained wrong. is there any solution to check and change the condition type for frieght

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please maintain the classify condition types.

in CIN.

path

SPRO->log gen->tax on goods movt->india->account determination->clasify conditiion types

here maitain all the excise conditions

regrds,

sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

account determination->clasify conditiion types is not available

its account determination->Define G/L Accounts for Taxes

account determination->Specify Excise Accounts per Excise Transaction

account determination->Specify G/L Accounts per Excise Transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to your pricing procedure.There matintain athe freight condition type i.e. the from and to column with reference to the freight condition type on the Gross price condition type or the subtotal net value.

regards,

indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Please orient your pricing procedure accordingly.

Calculate all the taxes based on your gross value and arrive at a subtotal.Then apply the freight condition on the same based on the net value. Apply the steps accordingly.

Refer the Pricing procedure for the same

Regards,

Hope this is helpful

Prasanna

Award if helpful